People with ADHD talk a lot
Core symptoms in ADHD: impulsiveness
In addition to hyperactivity and attention deficit disorders, impulsivity is one of the three core symptoms of ADHD.
A peculiarity of ADHD in adulthood: Sometimes those affected have already learned in the course of their lives to deal with their impulsiveness better and to get a little better under control of the exuberant temperament. After all, as we get older, we are more aware of the consequences of our actions.
Nonetheless, impulsiveness is and remains a central issue for many affected people, which can become a real problem in social interaction and especially in partnership.
- Act without thinking about the consequences
- Interrupting conversations with others (interrupting the word)
- Brief outbursts of anger
- Risk taking
Impulsiveness: signs in everyday life
In everyday life, impulsiveness can manifest itself in a variety of situations.
We have put together a few examples for you:
- "See red", even with minor provocations
- Acting / speaking without thinking about the consequences (in retrospect, what has been said and done is regretted)
- In road traffic: overtaking in blind spots, jostling, lawn
- When queuing: waiting for problems until it is your turn
- Violent outbursts of anger, which can be hurtful towards others (you often feel sorry for what you said later)
- Talking quickly, often in conversation with others / finishing others' sentences
- Spontaneous, ill-considered purchases with high expenses
Help with impulsiveness
If you find the impulsiveness to be very stressful, it is helpful to initiate a suitable ADHD therapy.
The first step is to visit your family doctor or a psychiatrist / neurologist in your area.
In addition, simple behavioral measures can help to get a better grip on impulsiveness in everyday life:
Tips for impulsiveness
Impulsiveness: recognizing strengths
Impulsive people often have special strengths of character, which, however, usually first have to be recognized. Often they remain hidden under the cloak of supposed weakness.
We have put together some examples for you here - maybe you recognize yourself in one place or another?
- Creativity, enthusiasm
- Talented improviser
- Intoxicating kind
- Diverse interest
- Openness, directness ("the heart on the tongue")
Read more about recognizing strengths here.
Matthias T. (25 years)
Dominik V. (39 years)
Christoph L. (21 years)What is ADHD
management: interactive brochure
- Why does my dog eat his ticks
- Which is better Breaking Bad or Viking
- Which Albanian dialect should I learn
- Why is bread roasted before eating
- What will you never accept in yourself
- What are some famous vegan dishes
- How can I be successful in a career
- You can share your photos here
- What defines an effective HR department
- Which is Australia's smallest state
- What are the benefits of investing
- Are Chinese resilient people
- Doxycycline can cause yeast infection
- How did constipation ruin your life
- What does cumpa
- Has your spouse ever forgotten your name?
- You can close a bank account online
- Should I learn how to drive 1
- How can I become the best programmer
- Taiwan is diverse
- Are dogs hungry?
- What does it mean when the rich get richer
- Who pays the police's salary
- How do you cure stage IV endometriosis
- Which is the best tourist golf country
- How much are civil engineers paid
- Which countries offer national health services?
- Top fintech startups
- People are still buying music records
- Why are black people hated 2
- How do I sell my old car
- What is the google mapping process
- Do you have any money in your wallet?