Where does God come from in the Bible?
The Bible - Word of God?
How up-to-date is the Bible?
Many people think, “The Bible is an ancient book. What is it to do with us today? «. It is true that the texts of the Bible are 2,000 to 3,000 years old! And the roots of these stories, songs, and prayers go back even further in the past.
Yet the Bible is by no means out of date. To this day it is a "bestseller" on the book market. It has been translated into more languages than any other work in world literature. And it continues to fascinate people - all over the world. Because the crucial questions that concern us have remained the same over the millennia.
People in the Bible experience joy and sorrow, hope and disappointment, great trust and agonizing doubts. They ask about the origin of injustice, suffering and death and about their own limits, search for the goal of their life and stand in amazement at the beauties and wonders of our world, behind which they see the power of the Creator at work who brings all of this to life has called and receives.
The story of God with these people - that is the subject of the Bible. And what God was for you then, he wills and can be for us today, if we get involved with him: a firm hold and the center of our life. The Bible can help us discover God's marks in our own lives. For us it can become a book of life, the book of books, in which we - like people from back then - meet God.
The Bible - Word of God?
Judaism and Christianity also call the Bible "Word of God", "Holy Scripture" or "Imbued with the Holy Spirit". This sometimes leads to the misunderstanding that God "dictated" the Bible word for word, so to speak. However, the Bible itself paints a very different picture here.
For example, the beginning of the Gospel of Luke tells quite openly about the complicated and obviously not always reliable process of passing on the message of Jesus, who led the author of the Gospel to "carefully" "himself" all these traditions right down to the first beginnings to follow up "in order to then" write them down in the right order and sequence "(Luke 1: 3). So what is it that makes the Bible the "Word of God", "Holy Scripture"?
There are experiences that are like windows in which our "normal" reality of life suddenly appears completely different than before, in which it suddenly becomes transparent to a foundation that supports it, to a meaning that cannot be lost: to the hand of God in which the world and all life stands. Such experiences are not just pleasant. Many people have experienced God's closeness, especially in times of need - sometimes even those who previously could not do much with the message of the Bible. The Bible tells of such experiences in many places - and even more: Those who are intensely involved in their message can experience for themselves that God is speaking to him here, to her. Then the words of the Bible become the redeeming word that frees from fears and doubts, the meaningful word that gives stability to life. In this way the Bible is God's Word, it is Holy Scripture. But this word can be heard and experienced in human words.
Some biblical authors make it very clear that what they have to say is a message God has given them. This is of course especially true for the prophets, e.g. when the prophet Ezechiël tells in the report of his calling, as God commanded him: "You man, now go to the people of Israel and tell them the words that I tell you" (Ezechiël 3 , 4). But even if - as in large parts of the Old Testament - it is about seemingly very secular history, it was written down because people recognized the work of God in it and because the story of it can open others' eyes to God's work in their lives as well.
- How many Christians live in China
- Do you despise how to live forever
- What do robots do in hospitals
- What are some funny websites
- How can you find people in Australia
- How many gospels are there
- Why do enthusiasts hate automatic transmissions
- What is the most dangerous philosophy
- What are the advantages of large families
- How do mobile operators make money
- What is engineering plastics
- What are your daily goals
- Why should I hire you in sales
- What do Australians think of Trump's presidency?
- What's a good fish taco recipe
- What is the business development process
- Why is entrepreneurship important to you
- Why is ophthalmology difficult to study
- How did Pablo Escobar die
- Which countries need more qualified immigrants?
- Where do fashion buyers shop
- What would make someone crave onions?
- Can chiropractors make the situation worse
- The brain is mentioned in the Bible
- Chinese people eat kaenguru
- How much money do algorithmic traders make
- What are some real things about fish
- Why is English the dominant world language
- Why don't you want to save money
- Works in an office overrated
- Should the physical burden of fire fighting for women be reduced
- Can someone use Costco Food Court
- Who can be called a lesbian