What is an old life
What makes you happy in old age
Serenity: Adjust your own expectations
Another important quality is a certain serenity that old age often brings with it. "While younger people drive productive dissatisfaction, older people have learned what can and cannot be changed," says Lang. This acceptance leads to the fact that it is easier to reconcile demands and possibilities - and thus ultimately to achieve greater satisfaction.
In a study published in March 2013, age researcher Lang was able to determine how beneficial it is sometimes to lower one's own expectations. According to this, older adults over the age of 60 are not only less optimistic about their future than younger ones. Surprisingly, those of the old who had more pessimistic expectations about their future were even longer healthy. One possible explanation for this phenomenon: Anyone who expects their personal situation to deteriorate in the future must take appropriate precautionary measures - and thus help prevent their own fears from materializing.
Review: with life at peace
If a cautious look into the future is often an advantage, a positive review of the past life seems also important for the individual satisfaction. Probably everyone knows situations in their résumé where they would decide differently today. It is important to still draw a positive balance on the bottom line and to mourn opportunities that have not been missed. But that does not mean to suppress unpleasant experiences. Anyone who struggles with stressful experiences should best approach them actively. In severe cases, psychotherapy can help.
To some extent, you can learn to age well
How calmly someone accepts their life and their own circumstances is above all a question of character. Some bring this attitude with them, others don't. And not everyone who does not have these qualities will be able to fully acquire them. But it is worth working on it: "A good life in old age does not just happen by itself. It is an achievement that demands something from us," says Lang.
- How do you get back to someone
- The moisturizer removes wrinkles
- What are personal goals
- Why are seafood usually more expensive?
- Does the universe need people
- Western people see Asians as boring
- Requires the electrical engineering calculation
- How much of Shantaram is fictional
- Why are black people hated 2
- Have you ever had bisexual feelings
- Why are brown cats so rare
- What do Australians think of China?
- What is Russia's largest export
- Is Sicily safe to live today
- How rich is the Pope
- What will custom software development be
- Who is the evangelist named Mark
- How do I get an Android developer job
- What do Canadians have for breakfast?
- Inhaling mold can kill you
- How Google tracks our personal data
- How do I get an online degree
- What are the natural animal shelters
- What is India's economy
- How old should we start dating
- How long can we live without rules
- What are Donald Trump's greatest achievements
- Which brands belong to Coca Cola
- How is Hyderabad as a city
- Why do people resist cultural assimilation
- How do I stop eating skin
- How can a business partner trust me
- Which stores sell bitcoins
- Why are there so many billionaires these days