Who should get COBIT certification?
Control of IT governance with COBIT
The basic seminar provides you with the basic knowledge of COBIT 5, the internationally recognized framework for IT governance. Our COBIT training courses are based on the official PeopleCert curriculum. The seminar ends on the second day with the exam to obtain the internationally valid COBIT Foundation certificate from ISACA in cooperation with PeopleCert. For this course, PDUs can be credited for certifications from the Project Management Institute.
The COBIT Foundation training provides you with the basic contents and benefits of the governance framework COBIT, according to the current version 5. You learn how the management of IT under the directives of governance can be supported by the use of COBIT. You will also get to know the target cascade and the principles of COBIT 5.
| There are currently no public dates available.|
Ask for an in-house offer!
Is this training suitable for me?
This training is aimed at you if you are responsible for security, risk or data protection / compliance in your organization. As a manager, this training is also right for you if you are involved in the administration and / or management of information systems. Possible roles can be: IT management, IT governance, CIO, IT consultant, internal auditing, ICS operators, auditors and assessors, IT managers, quality managers in IT, those responsible for IT operations, those responsible for IT service providers.
What specific benefits do I get from this training?
After this training you will know the principles of the popular COBIT 5 framework. You know the distribution of responsibilities. They know the resources and tools that COBIT makes available to implement good governance.
Day 1: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. to around 4:30 p.m.
During these two days, based on the requirements of ISACA and PEOPLECERT (official curriculum / syllabus), the following topics will be addressed:
- Differentiation between governance and management in the context of IT
- Explanation of the target cascade (stakeholder needs, company goals, IT-related goals, enabler goals)
- The five basic principles of the Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT)
- The seven governance and management enablers
- The process reference model (37 COBIT governance and management processes)
- Introduction to the implementation of COBIT 5
- Mapping to other IT service management frameworks and standards (e.g. ITIL)
The acquired certificate proves the understanding of the essential points and principles mentioned above and enables the participant to apply his COBIT knowledge in practice.
How do I get my certification?
The certification body for our COBIT training is PeopeCert. You have the choice between an online and a paperbased exam. The paperbased exam takes place after the on-site training at our Munich office.
PeopleCert online exam details:
After we have registered you for the online exam at PeopleCert, you will receive an email with all the important information (usually on the first day of the training). The email contains a voucher code with which you can set up an account. This code is valid for one year. Once you have logged in, you can choose one of the numerous exam dates on offer. It is a Procter exam, which means that a PeopleCert employee sits virtually across from you while you take the exam.
What is the format of the certification exam?
- Multiple choice exam
- Language: German
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- There are four possible answers.
- Only one answer is correct.
- Aids: none
- At least 50 percent of the questions must be answered correctly in order to pass the exam and receive the Cobit Foundation certificate.
There are no prerequisites for participation.
COBIT Foundation Certificate
Reaching the Foundation level demonstrates a basic knowledge and understanding of the guidelines, principles, and models of COBIT 5. Thus, candidates will be able to gain a holistic understanding of the governance and administration of an organization's internal information systems and technology . Accordingly, they have learned to provide top management with an overview of the current results of IT companies. In addition, they will be able to identify the main problem areas where improvements can be made. To do this, they can recommend improvements based on the aspects of COBIT 5.
Who is the COBIT 5 Foundation training course for?
COBIT 5 is aimed at organizations of all sizes and sectors. The training is ideal for professionals working in the areas of security, risk, data protection / compliance. The same applies to executives and stakeholders involved in the administration and management of information and IT systems, such as:
- Head of IT
- Quality manager in IT
- IT auditors
- IT consultant
- IT developer
- Responsible in IT operations
- Responsible at IT service providers
What is COBIT 5?
COBIT 5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) is a globally recognized framework for the control and management of IT. In this respect, it aligns the business goals with the IT processes and goals. It also provides tools, resources, and instructions. This enables the responsibilities of business and IT processes to be achieved, identified and assigned. Furthermore, COBIT 5 stimulates innovation in IT by bridging the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
Money for your further education
These courses come with up to € 500 subsidized through public programs.
We are also happy to come to you with our seminars!
- What problems is China's economy facing?
- US citizenship loses its value
- Every fart smells bad
- What is the most terrible organic species
- Affenschein is viewed as a racist word
- Dental hygiene is a good career
- Are Vietnamese open to Koreans
- When did Vladivostok become usable all year round?
- Some girlfriends lie
- How do school management systems help schools
- What did you have for breakfast today?
- Is Paris richer than London
- Young people watch Fox News
- Which dishes are authentic Mexican versus TexMex
- Which meta tags are important
- How old are the youngest millionaires
- Why do prisoners get their last meals?
- Teachers were top students in high school
- What are some lesser known entertainment careers
- What are the best cheap portuguese dishes
- What's the best concert ever
- How to say game in Russian
- What are enemas
- What fruits grow in Canada