What are the negative effects of consumption
What are the effects of our consumption?
<< back to: Avoid consumption
The advantages and possibilities of consumption seem obvious - both from a social and economic point of view, as well as from the point of view of each individual. Interest groups, business representatives, companies and politicians never tire of naming these advantages and continuing to beat the drum for even more consumption.
But: People's consumer behavior leads to a multitude of problems. Some of them are known and are being discussed intensively in public. Other problems are less obvious and often receive little or no attention. The “normal citizen” is not aware of the context or the actual scope. At the moment, the efforts of politics and business to create public awareness of this are rather limited. Usually only individual problem areas are examined more intensively. The bigger picture is not sufficiently taken into account. However, the number of independent scientists, institutions, organizations and also companies is growing who have an eye on the bigger picture and make more and more information available, clarify the problems and their complexity and develop solutions. That gives hope.
Most of the information today can be found on consumption-related issues that are environmental. In this area there is also the greatest knowledge in the population. The knowledge about the social problems and consequences of consumption is already less. The problems that can arise for the individual through consumption are often not taken into account at all. A selection of problems is presented below.
Also read in this post:
Use of resources and energy through consumption
Garbage generated by consumption
Toxins and pollutant emissions through consumption
Throwaway mentality in the affluent society
Geopolitical Problems and Dangers
Dependency and increasing dependency
Lack of time due to too much consumption
Poor appreciation of possessions and the problem of debt
- What are 10 important manners
- How is Bradley Cooper personally
- Heaven is a place
- What is your most valuable souvenir
- Fight part of a healthy marriage
- Why do I feel so immature
- Indian women meet up with Hispanic men
- Life is sweetest when it is lived without expectations
- How are butlers trained
- What are some tipping faux pas
- The salary for truck drivers is increasing
- Why is jaywalking a thing in America
- Does Allah exist
- What seafood are halal
- How long do people stay on welfare
- Get teachers vacation
- Well worth LSE
- What's the worst part about the breakup
- What is a PET injection molding machine
- Which currency is inflation-proof?
- Is mold removal covered by homeowner insurance?
- Why are people so obsessed with careers
- Why do armpits sometimes have strange lumps
- Long-distance relationships are impossible
- Where did slavery start?
- What do couple-friendly hotels mean
- How does Google's employee share plan work
- Is the fight against climate change pointless
- How did the Chinese alphabet come about
- All parents treat their children differently
- Which startups are successful at working remotely?
- Has western culture ruined our traditions
- What kind of accommodation do you like
- How should whiskey be stored