How to prioritize work
Prioritizing tasks: 9 ways to work efficiently
The fact that many tasks can only be done half-heartedly at once speaks clearly against the myth of multitasking. However, the opposite of this is also not recommended: we are talking about perfectionism. If you constantly check your work and place excessive emphasis on actually negligible details, this costs time and nerves and is out of proportion to the possibly perfect result. The Pareto principle can also be applied here: if 20 percent of the input already accounts for 80 percent of the output, the remaining 80 percent of the workload is only responsible for 20 percent of the result.
This fact can be illustrated with the price range when buying a car: For a few thousand euros you can get a fully functional vehicle with a functional interior; If you dig much deeper into your pocket, you mainly only pay for more or less useful optional equipment and the brand name.
In order to make your workload as efficient as possible, you should be content with doing a lot of work just “well”. This is often better than concentrating all energies on a single task while everyone else falls behind. To do this, however, you have to accept the fact that mistakes can happen. Be open to criticism and learn from it instead of wasting your time trying to deliver a perfect result from the start.
Filtering your to-do list according to “urgent” and “important” is already a step in the right direction. After all, you need to make yourself aware, willy-nilly, that you are only in each case Mitigation - at the end of the day or week, some items on your plan will likely still be unchecked.
- How can I stop missing London
- What turns lesbian women on
- Does a fake US currency have any value?
- What are Lesser Known Classroom Hacks
- Is Malibu a safe place to live
- What are some examples of intercultural communication
- What are the stages of puberty
- What do you know about your family
- Is it worth it to become a CNA
- Why do most cafe startups fail
- What does negative GDP growth mean
- What is the cheapest food in Sweden
- Why is art found in human society
- Why should schools use school management software
- How westernized is South Korea
- When does the salary of a civil engineer increase?
- What is the reasonable interest rate
- Do Jews have a future in Europe?
- How much do gynecologists earn
- What is the bottom line of gangstalking
- What are epic fan fiction
- Starbucks employees become addicted to caffeine
- Is the moisture bad for your lungs?
- How can I translate into English
- Who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Is masturbation particularly harmful to the elderly?
- Why is the American country so free
- Where is algebra used in engineering
- Have you ever had interracial sex?
- God knows you
- Do you ever regret becoming a nurse?
- How does premarital sex affect marriages?
- How much does a master mechanic earn
- What is typical Israeli food