What Are Some Good Vegetarian Curry Recipes
Curry with rice and vegetables
It's time for curry again, dear ones! Are you already waiting longingly for it? The special thing about a curry is certainly the mixture of different spices. Turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli, ginger, cardamom and pepper are popular. But also fennel seeds, fenugreek, black cumin, mustard seeds, cinnamon and cloves are used in many curries.
Depending on the recipe and the origin or regional distribution, not only the selection and the mix of spices differ, but also the preparation of the sauce. In the etymological explanation of the word "curry", various sources refer to the Tamil "Kari", which can also be translated as "sauce". Often fine onions, garlic and ginger are fried in clarified butter (ghee) or oil, the spices are added and fried, and then simmered with water, stock or with coconut milk or milk / cream if necessary.
This curry with rice is a vegetable curry in which all possible types of vegetables can be used as desired and available. Potatoes are also included here as a flavor carrier and for consistency. The potatoes are cut into pieces and first simmered in the creamy curry sauce. Then add the remaining vegetables and coconut milk.
We have had a tradition of curries for many years. It all started with a little cookbook for Thai cuisine and a wok pan that I bought with it. And now the madame and I cook a delicious curry at least once a month. You can find many of them here on the blog. 🙂
Curry with rice and vegetables
- 1-2 potatoes depending on size
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red peppers
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small broccoli
- 40gTK peas
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2ELred curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk 400 ml
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- salted peanuts, chopped
- fresh coriander
- Jasmine rice
- Peel or wash the vegetables (including the potatoes) and cut into pieces
- While the rice is cooking: Skim off the cream from the coconut milk and stir in the wok with the curry paste. Simmer briefly until small oily bubbles form.
- First put the potato (longest cooking time) in the wok, then add the onion and garlic. Fry / simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Put the rest of the vegetables (with the exception of the peas) in the wok and stir-fry briefly in the curry sauce. Then add the rest of the coconut milk and briefly bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on a low flame for a few minutes. Season with a little lime juice and the light soy sauce, and add the peas.
- Spread the curry with rice on plates. Garnish with coriander and chopped peanuts if you like.
Recipe categories: Asian / Oriental, Vegetarian Search words: curry, vegetable curry, rice, Thai curry
- What are some examples of medical technology
- What else US retail chains have to offer
- Where can I download free music 1
- When is a marriage recognized by God?
- Is cancer genetic
- Why is Somalia in the Arab League
- What do economists think of the Turkish economy?
- Can I change employers without changing clients?
- Will people still use Skype in 2020?
- How can I use Jira more effectively
- The Baha'i Faith is a cult
- Is Kidsoft the best childcare management software
- Why aren't more Americans wearing hats?
- How do people make music
- Which AI algorithm can understand why
- When is breakfast called and why
- Why should I live in Colorado
- How many feel happy after deleting UPSC
- What is kyphosis
- What was your worst faux pas
- Why do the Portuguese look mixed
- Why do people collect stones
- Where were you 20 years ago
- Will love last