How can I train my twins
Weight training, HIIT, jogging or Pilates - there are many sports. And while some amateur athletes swear by gentler methods such as Pilates to get in top form, others react better to high-intensity strength training. But: Why is it that a training can work so differently depending on the person? Is it genetics? Does it determine which training is best for us? Researchers have now addressed this question.
What role do genetics play in training?
For the study, researchers examined 42 pairs of twins for six months.
The twins should be for complete the same strength and endurance training for three months. During the first three months they did endurance training such as running or cycling. They should be lifting weights for the next three months. The twins should do their training together to make sure that their training is as similar as possible.
Two things were then measured at the beginning and the end of each period. On the one hand, the endurance based on aerobic capacity and, on the other hand, the Strength of the leg muscles.
Everyone can have training successes
Although the pairs of twins did the same workout, they did not have the same results. Those who did not respond as well to strength training had greater success with endurance training, and vice versa.
According to the author of the study, Daniel Green, professor of sports science at the University of Western Australia, only a few study participants who have hardly reacted at all to one of the two training variants:"Almost everyone who did not react to one training session was able to benefit from switching to the other".
What do he and his team conclude from this? That there is one for every person optimal training strategy and which can look different depending on the person. But also that genetics do not play such a big role in training or training success as previously assumed.
Further research needed
What is clear, however, is that the study only followed the twins for a short period of time. In addition, the researchers did not take sufficient account of the training intensity and duration. The results are also related only in two types of training. Namely, on classic endurance and strength training.
The study authors want that Deepen the topic in the future, so that the question can then also be answered as to which factors can play a stronger role in training. For example the diet or the mindset.
In conclusion, study author Green explains: "Not every body reacts in the same way to a workout. But there is an optimal training strategy for everyone out there "
Means something like: Do not be discouraged if your brother or sister is successful with a certain training but you are not. All you have to do is find the right type of exercise for you and then you'll make the progress you want.
Research always brings new, curious and surprising insights to light. Researchers actually advocate the four-second workout. In addition, scientists have come to the conclusion that a little alcohol is healthier than none at all. Are you surprised? We are too.
- Will DC films ever overtake Marvel?
- China respects minority rights
- Get teachers vacation
- People usually shower twice a day
- Your vagina will stay tight after sex
- Is the PUBG mobile game dangerous for children?
- Why do companies use ERP software
- What is Tech Mahindra Bond Amount
- When are you going to finish school
- What is the meaning of books 4
- Do stepparents have parental responsibility
- Will China ever stop manipulating its currency?
- Why do companies outsource marketing
- When will our society end gender discrimination?
- How beautiful are complex numbers
- What if we are extraterrestrials
- Damage cats with ultrasound
- How is apathy a bad thing
- How do you motivate employees
- Why does hair turn gray
- What is the negative side of positive psychology
- Is it worth having your IQ tested
- Can I do an MBA after ITI?
- What are some basic principles of selling
- What is the national dish of Russia
- At what temperature should I repeat pizza
- How is Nagalapuram trekking
- What are the main areas in finance
- How has technology influenced human values
- Why did France bring back national service
- How are patent attorneys paid
- What are Donald Trump's greatest achievements
- Enduring happiness is real
- What a leader is Xi Jinping