Which element has the chemical symbol K.
What is an element symbol? Definition ...
Every chemical element in the periodic table has an abbreviation officially defined by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). The purpose is to facilitate communication among chemists across national borders. Because in different countries chemical elements sometimes have very different names. An officially recognized system has the advantage that it avoids possible misunderstandings in advance.
The Swedish chemist Jöns Jakob Berzelius started defining element abbreviations in the early 19th century. The abbreviations are always derived from the Greek or Latin name of the element. For this reason there are abbreviations for a total of 16 elements that cannot be derived from the element name itself in the German language. These include: antimony (Sb = stibium), lead (Pb = plumbum), iron (Fe = ferrum), gold (Au = aurum), iodine (I = iodine), calcium (Ca = calcium), cobalt (Co = cobalt ), Carbon (C = carbon), copper (Cu = cuprum), mercury (Hg = hydrargyrum), oxygen (O = oxygenium), silver (Ag = argentum), nitrogen (N = nitrogenium), hydrogen (H = hydrogenium) , Bismuth (Bi = bismuth) and tin (Sn = stannum).
Berzelius began by defining one-word element symbols (e.g. B for boron). Since this was not enough, two-letter element symbols were also used in the following years for newly discovered elements (e.g. Th for thorium). Recently, three-letter element symbols have also found their way into the periodic table. However, only for provisionally named elements that are still waiting to be officially named. This currently affects the four elements Ununtrium (Uut), Ununoctium (Uuo), Ununpentium (Uup) and Ununseptium (Uus).
- How's the life of Elon Musk
- How much did Baahubali earn
- How long can the US postpone the recession?
- When do top CEOs wake up?
- Is the Nintendo Wii out of date
- From what age do women begin to settle down
- What are the requirements for full stack developers
- How many of you like to live alone
- People are your greatest treasure
- Is it worth starting an early doctorate
- Refined olive oil is good for frying
- Can I connect a loudspeaker via WLAN?
- Why do we use keys
- Why do some people have problems with engagement
- How does a washing machine wash shoes?
- What are the best Harry Potter books
- How worse can a relationship end
- How much does a city planner earn
- Which foods are named after locations
- What do you like about today's youth
- Which TV series should I see next?
- What do you think about freelance work
- Why can HR be so rude at times
- How do I grill frozen fish