Next MLA in Srikalahasti
Legislative Assembly of Andhra Pradesh - Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly
The legislative assembly of Andhra Pradesh is the lower house of the legislative body of Andhra Pradesh.
The Legislative Assembly consists of 175 members elected by universal adult suffrage on the first-past-the-post system. The duration of the meeting is five years from the date set for its first meeting, unless it is decided to dissolve the meeting earlier. The main tasks of the Legislative Assembly include legislating, overseeing the administration, approving the budget and broadcasting public complaints.
The assembly is bicameral and holds three sessions a year: one for budget, monsoons and winter.
The legislative assembly has settled in the building of the provisional legislative assembly in Amaravati from the 2016 budget session. The new building has systems for automatic language translation and automatic voting.
The Andhra Legislative Assembly was established after the formation of the State of Andhra on October 1, 1953. When Andhra Pradesh was founded on November 1, 1956 by the amalgamation of the state of Andhra with the Telugu-speaking areas of the state of Hyderabad, the 140 members of the Legislative Assembly of the state of Andhra and 105 members, the Telugu-speaking areas of the state of Hyderabad merged to form the APLA. At the time of formation, the legislation was unicameral with only one assembly with 301 members. The first meeting took place on December 3, 1956. Sri Ayyadevara Kaleswara Rao and Sri Konda Lakshman Bapuji were the first speaker and the first deputy speaker, respectively.
With the formation of the Legislative Council on July 1, 1958, the Andhra Pradesh legislature became bicameral and remained so until June 1, 1985, when the Legislative Council was dissolved on May 31, 1985 during the eighth legislative assembly and the state legislature was once again unicameral has been .
On June 2, 2014, the state of Andhra Pradesh was divided into the new state of Telangana. Andhra Pradesh was assigned 175 legislative seats, with the remaining 119 assigned to the Telangana Legislative Assembly.
On April 11, 2019, parliamentary elections for the fifteenth legislative assembly were held in Andhra Pradesh. These elections were held at the same time as the Indian general election. The results were announced on May 23, the day of the ballot count. Yuvajana Sramika Rythu's Congress Party won the polls with a record 151 out of 175 seats, the best poll performance to date. The congress party Yuvajana Sramika Rythu has completely covered the districts of Kadapa, Kurnool, Nellore and Vizianagaram. They only lost 3 seats (Kuppam, Hindupur, Uravakonda) in the Rayalaseema region. The ruling TDP was reduced to 23 seats, the worst poll since the party was founded. Only 3 ministers (Nimmakayala Chinarajappa, Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Kinjarapu Achennaidu) out of 26 ministers won. The JSP + alliance won a single seat (Razole) while the leader of the alliance, Pawan Kalyan, lost both seats. National parties like INC and BJP did not win seats.
Appointments and members present
The current assembly is the thirteenth legislative assembly of Andhra Pradesh.
- Will Harry Potter die in a book
- Never make people happier when they are possessed
- How did PayPal generate revenue
- What are the best firewall configuration rules
- Are modern Turks Turkishized Greeks
- Why does everyone love a British accent
- What can we learn from different generations
- How do theoretical physicists make money
- Why do INFJs think so much
- Generally, people with social anxiety are nicer
- Came Hainans from Teochew or Hokkien
- Which company offers ERP software in Chennai
- What are A-Levels
- Are insects animals
- Why do some people commit crimes
- What are common Chinese attitudes towards Jews?
- Why do people think dolphins are cute?
- What is the full form of the LLB
- The startup industry is booming
- How much do World Bank employees earn
- What is a fanfic
- Karachi is an interesting city to visit
- Are the Iranians the original whites
- Are Syrians Arabs
- Why You Should Invest in Bhutani Grandthum
- Can Christians celebrate Pentecost?
- Are you from nigeria
- Are there more than two genders
- What Are the Best Bible Verses 1
- How do people make music
- Can we feel our brain
- A society without cash is possible
- Why did Elvis marry Priscilla
- How do older people treat younger people