Schools and colleges pay taxes
Save taxes with school fees, but not with tuition fees
There are more than 5,000 private schools in Germany. Many of them prepare for a vocational qualification, other general education schools for a school or year-end qualification. Around every twelfth student attends a school that is run by a non-governmental institution. These independent organizations often charge high school fees to finance them.
The tax office contributes to the corresponding costs - 30 percent of the expenses can be deducted from tax as special expenses. The maximum amount is 5,000 euros per child per year. Parents take full advantage of this if the school fee is 16,666 euros per year.
Private universities often charge similarly high tuition fees. The Federal Fiscal Court had to clarify whether tuition fees for attending a private university are also among the deductible costs. On October 10, 2017 (Az. X R 32/15), he decided that tuition fees do not fall under the concept of school fees, because: A university is not a school within the meaning of Section 10 (1) no. The tuition fees are also not exceptional expenses that are deductible (according to § 33 EStG).
The tax office favors attending schools in Germany or in a country of the European Union and the European Economic Area - but not in so-called third countries such as Switzerland or the USA. But: If it is a German school abroad, a deduction is always possible.
- What is the salary of Rajasthan Patwari
- Why is the Japanese economy still struggling?
- There are prominent Chinese Muslims
- Which celebrity has the worst fan base?
- What are my investment options
- Which kitchen has the most vegetarian options?
- Where does the tube start in London
- What is the name of the high school in China
- Have you ever had a terrible pet?
- Why do pimples itch sometimes
- What is the employee discount at Walmart
- Overpopulation is a vicious circle in India
- Which music streaming service is the cheapest?
- What are some customs in New Zealand
- What if I get rich
- Why don't teachers get enough respect
- What are the unique places in London
- Is it bad not to have lunch?
- How does it feel to love a girl
- Can an adult have a child
- What is a nursing home
- Dollar Tree Stores are open today
- What men don't understand about women
- What are Lesser Known Classroom Hacks