How do Indian rich people waste money?
People waste 70 percent of their money on these 3 things
Your pension is still light years away, do you think? Perhaps, but when you get to the prime of life without having invested your money well, your retirement will be pushed back a little more.
Saving so much in 40 years of work that you can live off it for the rest of your life is not that easy. But you can learn a lot from those people who have achieved their financial goal for retirement years before the actual entry age.
Grant Sabatier, a self-made millionaire in his 30s who runs the financial blog blog Millennial Money, pointed out on his website that Americans spend an average of 70 percent of their money on their homes, getting around and eating ( if you take out income tax and social security).
Is that familiar to you?
In some parts of the United States (such as New York) this percentage is even higher. The same is true in Germany if you live in cities like Munich or Stuttgart. These high expenditures mean that many do not want to think about saving at all. But that's exactly where your best option to save for retirement lies, say Sabatier and other experts.
If you spend less in the areas of housing, transport and food, "then you can pay the rest directly," writes Sabatiert at Millennial Money. And further: "If you move into a smaller apartment, walk to work and cook at home, then you can save 25 percent and more."
Of course, to get there you have to get creative, but here are a few guidelines.
A third of Americans pay too much for their homes. There is one guideline you should use when choosing an apartment: It should only cost you 30 percent of your gross income or less each month.
In order to make the best possible progress with saving, however, in the best case scenario you should limit yourself even more when it comes to living. If you can find an apartment on which you spend less than 25 percent of your net income, then you are very good at it.
Even billionaire Warren Buffett tries to keep his housing expenses down. Buffett lives in a humble house that's worth just 0.001 percent of his property.
Mode of Transport
In addition to housing, transportation is a real money-devourer, according to data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Americans borrowed more cars than college last year.
It's good to have a safe car. But consider that you have to pay around 500 euros over six years. If you really want a car: either pay for it immediately, or if not, pay it off in less than three or four years.
As Business Insider reported, eating out makes up 43 percent of the average US family's total food spend - this is a big savings.
One area in which you can save a lot if you don't want your social life to suffer are ready-made meals (it's better to buy individual foods that you can cook in different dishes). Dietary supplements cost a lot of money and are of no use anyway.
Sabatiert has saved more than a million dollars in five years this way. So it has paid off for him to put something back into these areas.
“At the end of the day it's a personal choice, but I was happy when I moved to a smaller apartment closer to where I work and ate less in restaurants,” he writes. "And now that small subtle difference has paid off - I've saved $ 13,000 a year like this."
External content not available
Your privacy settings prevent the loading and display of all external content (e.g. graphics or tables) and social networks (e.g. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.). To display, please activate the settings for social networks and external content in the privacy Settings.
- What are some examples of social democracy
- Who should be held responsible for negativity?
- Irritation of your pressure areas can lead to sweating
- How did you set up your advertising agency
- Older men like girls
- Which phone is better than Samsung S6
- Too much loneliness is bad for you
- What kind of men should women avoid?
- Is the Mormon missionary experience cult
- What experiences are there only in New Zealand
- Can worker crimes exist
- French women really don't get fat
- What was the personality of Queen Victoria?
- Why does Vietnam love Germany
- Is Botswana a great country to visit
- Who are your favorite painters and why
- What is a love marriage
- What are the characteristics of human needs
- Let your dreams ever come true
- Which is your favorite perfume fragrance
- Where is Sudan located
- Are Nigerian Public Elementary Schools effective
- Deceives cheating in school
- May men honest women
- To what extent can humans stop aging?
- Buddha was a wise person
- Does life ever get old in Dallas?
- Ultimately, purpose is more important than hope
- Which freaks people out
- How do I get a brilliant mind
- What are some famous vegan dishes
- Which is the best gym management software
- How can I save this new relationship