How are Indians in relationships
German-Indian relations should become closer
After Chancellor Angela Merkel's critical words on transatlantic relations, the visit of India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi (article picture) to Berlin was eagerly awaited. In view of the difficulties with the administration of US President Donald Trump, would Germany now increasingly turn to other partners? That cannot be answered so clearly after the German-Indian government consultations. But Merkel repeated the call for more European independence.
"Outstanding Importance" of Transatlantic Relations
"Europe must be an actor who also interferes internationally," said the Chancellor. For example, she campaigned for a better common foreign policy among European states. You also have to get better in migration policy. Nevertheless, the transatlantic relationship continues to be of "paramount importance". Differences in individual questions should not hide this.
Germany has been working with many other countries such as India and China for many years. "This is of paramount importance and in no way directed against any other relationship and certainly not against transatlantic relations, which are historically of great importance to us and will remain so," said Merkel.
Modi demands compliance with rules
India's Prime Minister Modi called on the world to act together. "We're all connected," he said. "Democracy and diversity - these are the pillars on which a rule-based world order is really based. (...) It is important that we actually adhere to these rules. Only then can the world really step into the future." India believes in the unity of Europe and wants a strong Europe.
Several agreements were signed at the Indo-German meeting
Billions in development budget
The fourth intergovernmental consultations between the two countries focused on closer cooperation in several areas. A development budget was agreed in the presence of Merkel and Modi. "We give one billion euros every year," said Merkel. It is about topics such as smart cities, renewable energies and the solar industry. Merkel also emphasized that Germany wanted to support India in implementing the Paris climate protection agreement. "India is intensively implementing the agreement," said Merkel. The country with more than a billion inhabitants is in a different phase of development than Germany. "India is a democracy and India insists that the world is not only networked, but that it is designed in a sensible way."
Modi emphasized that India wanted to develop "in accordance with global standards". The focus is on the future of 800 million young people on the subcontinent. "We need vocational training for these young people," said Modi. Among other things, he named cybersecurity as a particular challenge. "You have to be able to react in real time." India also hopes that Germany will support the development of civil aviation.
Continue to negotiate free trade agreements
In the presence of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chancellor Merkel urged that the deadlock negotiations on an EU-Indian free trade agreement be revived. There are currently many protectionist tendencies in the world, she said at a German-Indian economic forum. But Germany wants open and fair world trade. "That is why it is important to us that we make progress with the EU-Indian free trade agreements." Merkel announced that Germany would do a lot to force this process.
The Chancellor and Modi both expressed their willingness and readiness to intensify German-Indian relations. If German companies were to take part in the modernization of Indian rail transport, it would certainly have a symbolic meaning for the will for closer cooperation, she said.
where / hb / hk (dpa, rtr)
- How did Eli die in the Bible
- What are some attractive asian guys
- How to treat a gunshot wound
- How does depression develop in children
- What are your favorite things to do after work?
- What are some great power tools
- How loyal are Filipino women
- Let your dreams ever come true
- Can CBD gums get you high
- Can dogs eat cheddar cheese?
- What did medieval England export?
- How can I help myself
- What is OPL in housekeeping
- What's your rating of Realme 5
- How can I get free prescription glasses
- Westminster Abbey is a Catholic Church
- What do Koreans think of Mongols
- How is Pho Vietnamese noodle soup made
- What colors add value to a house
- Which African country has more construction projects?
- Chinese loved Indians
- How do I divide two decimal numbers
- Do you know a good paradox
- Danish girls meet Indian men
- Blacklist recruiters
- What should I know about Nigeria
- What is a good DIY upholstery cleaner
- What are the abortion policies of other countries
- Are books or eBooks more popular?
- How old is the Chinese civilization
- How do I decorate my home
- What are the most creative photos
- What does poverty reduction mean
- What is a crook