How much is a fresh CA paid
How much does a tuber of truffle cost?
The price of fresh truffles is as different as their appearance and type. The truffle price depends on various factors, which we will briefly explain here.
What does the current price of truffles depend on?
There are always good and bad years for truffle, depending on the following factors, among others:
- Origin of the truffles:
Because of their low quality, Asian truffles are much cheaper than, for example, the famous and valuable truffles from Italy.
- Annual harvest:
Has the harvest been good or bad? If the harvest was bad (e.g. because of bad weather conditions), there are correspondingly fewer truffles on the market and the price of the truffles rises. The truffle is a product of nature, so the harvest depends very much on the weather conditions.
In 2017, for example, the price of white truffles was very high because there were few white truffles due to the weather conditions. The price ranged from € 6,000 to € 8,000 per kilo. In other years the price of white truffles is between € 3000 and € 5000 per kilo. In 2018 the white truffle was more affordable because there was a good harvest.
The price of the white truffle is still affordable if you want to treat yourself from time to time or regularly. About 10 to 15 grams is enough for one person for black and white truffles.
- Quality of the truffles:
The aroma, consistency, size and weight of the truffles also make up the price. For example, the price of the white truffle (Tuber Magnatum Pico) also depends on the size, because the larger tubers are highly valued by truffle lovers, and accordingly the price is higher than for the small truffle tubers.
Prices - how much does the truffle cost?
Info: Please keep in mind that truffle prices can vary daily. The prices below are not set in stone, they are only guidelines. You can see the current prices and the availability of the truffles under the category “fresh truffles”.
How much does the black truffle cost?
There are the following types of black truffles:
- Summer truffle /Tuber aestivum Vitt. - the cheapest among the black truffles (e.g. 30 cents / gram; as of 2018)
- Autumn truffle /Tuber Uncinatum Chatin / Burgundy Truffle - medium price range (e.g. 80 cents / gram; as of 2018)
- Winter truffle /Tuber Melanosporum Vitt./Perigord Truffle - the most expensive of the black truffles (e.g. 1.80 € / gram; as of 2018)
How much does the white truffle cost?
In the case of white truffles, a distinction is made between the following types of truffle:
- Spring truffle /Bianchetto / Tuber Albidum Pico - medium price range (e.g. 80 cents / gram; as of 2019)
- Tuber Magnatum Pico - the noblest and most expensive truffle (e.g. € 3.80 / gram; as of 2018)
How much does the most expensive truffle cost?
The Tuber Magnatum Pico (white truffle) is one of the most expensive foods in the world and is the real king of truffles. Gourmet lovers love and appreciate the wonderful smell and taste of the white truffle. This noble mushroom, which is treated and traded like a diamond, comes from southern Europe. The white truffle from Italy is very much loved and revered.
Why is the Tuber Magnatum Pico (white truffle) so much expensive than the other types of truffle?
The white truffle (Tuber Magnatum Pico) is much rarer than the black truffle, the season of the Tuber Magnatum Pico is only once a year, from September to December (about mid-October to the end of December is the main season for white truffles).
Very large white truffles are rare and extremely popular and can fetch prices of 100,000 euros and more at auctions. In 2014, a truffle lover from Hong Kong bought a white truffle weighing around 1 kg in Italy and paid 100,000 euros for it.
Fresh truffles in the Buon Gusto shop
At Buon Gusto you only get the valuable truffles from Italy, which are loved and valued worldwide for their wonderful culinary taste. In every season we have fresh truffles that are imported directly from Italy.
In the “Fresh Truffle” category you get an overview of the white and black truffles and, depending on the season, you can buy the right truffle.
- Why does a second mean a second
- What are the best neighborhoods in Denver
- What do teachers expect from parents
- What is fake fruit
- Why have the repo rates increased so quickly
- Cell phones can damage bank cards
- What is Payroll Management
- 20 20 cricket is boring
- How respected are US Air Force Pararescue
- Why are many educated people unemployed?
- What are the lucrative businesses in Bangalore
- Swallow while having oral sex
- The Xbox 360 is still worth it
- Can a company beat Google
- What is a dating site for sex
- Are gay men attracted to crossdressers?
- Is salmon fish halal
- What are the most and least populated cities
- What is the English translation of
- Why do some snakes rattle
- Why should I learn parkour
- What makes a man a coward
- Allows Australia to have dual citizenship
- Are helicopter parents abusive parents
- What is a good 5k time
- How does true love show itself in marriage?
- Should a 12 year old do hypnosis
- What are some tipping faux pas
- English is one of the Indian languages
- What are next generation firewalls in the VM series
- What are real assets
- May prisoners mail
- Blood pressure is 130 high
- How is the demand for Xamarin developers