Are Google and Facebook H1B dependent employers
Five to eight / H-1B visa: Trump is even right about this immigration ban
contentRead on one side
The US is busy right now, with the number of infections rising again, with growing doubts about a quick economic recovery, and with the fact that the US Treasury has transferred $ 1.4 billion in aid to recipients who have already died. So it is no wonder that Trump's latest attempt to raise his country's borders was not particularly noticed at home or abroad.
The President has ordered the issuing of new visas for foreign skilled workers to be stopped - initially until the end of the year. In view of 30 million job seekers in Germany and the Corona crisis, they do not want any additional competition for their own employees. In fact, however, Trump's government has long been working to curb legal immigration.
The most recent measure mainly affects so-called H-1B visas. They should enable companies to bring high-caliber workers into the country where there is a shortage. Most of the H-1B owners work in the technology sector. According to a study by the investment bank Goldman Sachs, up to 13 percent of those employed in the industry are H-1B owners.
More than 400,000 H-1B employees
The outcry in Silicon Valley was correspondingly great when Trump's order became known last week. He was "deeply disappointed," said Tim Cook on Twitter. The Apple boss even saw the American dream in jeopardy. Immigrants have contributed enormously to the economic success of the USA and Google, said Sundar Pichai, CEO of Alphabet, the parent company of the Internet search engine, also on Twitter. Pichai, originally from India, came into the country through this visa.
In fact, the H-1B visas were created in the early 1990s to curb a widespread wave of immigration, particularly from Asia, that was triggered by the liberalization of the laws in 1952. In the period after the Second World War there was initially a shortage of workers. The number of H-1B employees has now swelled to more than 400,000, most of them from India. At the same time, criticism of Visa recruiting grew.
The companies abused the visas to import cheaper and more willing workers from abroad. The law stipulates that H-1B employees may not be paid less than local workers. But the rules have loopholes and compliance was barely monitored. The majority of companies that employ Visa employees pay them less than the usual industry wages, according to a study by the Economic Policy Institute, a left-wing liberal think tank, from last year.
Foreign competition is particularly unfair for US university graduates, who pay high tuition fees and often start their careers with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.
- What is the youngest age to have sex
- Will google report me for doing an illegal search
- What jobs are there at an airport
- How do you say beautiful in Italian
- Why does my friend not like physical contact
- What is the function of a chimney sweep
- How can you get a white friend
- God can do magic
- What is a PR job description
- What is cheaper Uber or Lyft
- What is the best Rubik's Cube to buy
- How was life in South Yemen
- Is education good or bad for students
- How did artists land their first exhibition
- Why do I feel empty 2
- What are your favorite cities for foodies
- What is the best hotel management software
- What do healthy people eat for breakfast
- Are architects designers or not
- The labia may increase during sexual intercourse
- How does the p2p platform work
- How does Walmart make the maximum profit
- Why doesn't my cat eat peas?
- Do Canadian universities accept average international students
- Does urbanization increase the flooding If so, how
- What do Mall Santas 1
- What obstacles can we overcome
- Why is it important to praise God?
- What does valuation mean?
- How many South Koreans speak Chinese Japanese
- Does ClearSlide have any competitors
- What are some examples of carbohydrate foods
- Is Toledo Ohio dangerous