Why do I feel crazy?
When life becomes a burden.
Steps out of depression
Diseases are very popular topics of conversation. Physical mind you. If the soul suffers, those affected often do not even reveal themselves to their doctor. Especially since depression is accompanied by numerous physical symptoms for which, in their eyes, there must be a “correct” - in other words: organic - cause. The shame with which depressed people still torment themselves seems paradoxical in view of the severity and frequency of their illness: Around four million people in Germany have depression. They are neither conceited sick nor "crazy".
At first Marie thought just like everyone else: Everyone has difficult phases. You just have to pull yourself together a bit. Sleep in properly, relax for a few days. But she didn't feel better after the vacation. At work, she found it difficult to maintain the facade. However, the fact that the accountant managed less than before did not go unnoticed by her colleagues. After work, nothing worked. Her mind revolved around unsolved problems, everything that she still had to do. Although Marie was completely exhausted, she slept very little. Her head ached all the time. Not being as productive as before was infinitely embarrassing to her. There was hardly anything left to cheer her up. In the office and at home she heard more and more often: "Are you in a bad mood again?"
Mental illness is a serious illness
"Being in a bad mood", low mood, burnout, depression - all of these are often lumped together. "I feel depressed" has become part of everyday language and thus contributes to the trivialization of a serious illness. But where does illness begin? Typical symptoms of depression such as sadness, listlessness, dejection, listlessness, self-doubt and fear of the future belong to the range of our emotional experience. Often they are the other side of the coin. An example: if you love your partner very much, you are very sad when you lose him. Most people process such an experience after a certain time and regain their courage to face life. And there are others who get lost in grief and get sick.
In the case of depression, sick doesn't just mean sad, as many people think. One of the most frightening experiences for many people is the impression that they can no longer feel. There is a gray veil over everything, nothing is fun anymore, nothing arouses interest and every little everyday activity seems infinitely laborious. An essential criterion for the demarcation from a temporary disgruntlement, which, depending on the nature of the situation, can sometimes be more pronounced, is the undiminished persistence of the depressed mood and lack of joy and drive for several weeks. Under the constant pressure of suffering, life becomes a burden.
In addition, there are the distress signals of the sick soul to the body. People with depression usually seek help because of their back pain, digestive problems, and disturbed sleep. Doctors odysseys in search of organic causes for various complaints cost valuable time. Meanwhile, the psychological state worsens. When a doctor finally comes to speak of the possible emotional origin of the health problem, those affected sometimes feel labeled as simulators or “crazy people”. However, mental illnesses are to be taken just as seriously as purely physical ones. Depression is a sad example of this: it is the most common cause of suicide in Germany.
Effective help with depression
This is all the more tragic since there are effective treatment options. In its team of doctors and therapists, Salus brings together extensive experience and a high level of expert knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of depression. Their specialized offers are tailored to the needs of depressed children and adolescents, adults and people of old age. In psychiatric outpatient clinics, medical care centers and day clinics, Salus treats depression on an outpatient or partial inpatient basis. However, if the severity of the disease does not allow this, the Salus specialist clinics in Bernburg and Stendal / Uchtspringe offer the protective framework for inpatient therapy. Accepting the illness and receiving professional help are the first steps towards recovery.
This article contains general information and does not claim to illuminate all facets of the complex subject. It must not be used for self-diagnosis or self-treatment and cannot replace a doctor's visit.
- How much immigration is too much immigration
- Men can wear bikini bottoms and straps
- How is the war going in Ukraine
- Why did you leave your current company?
- How is life in Hyderabad from Telangana
- What is the cheapest 1440p 144hz monitor
- Let your ADHD medication help you
- What is a good picture of urbanization
- Why are inmates being moved between prisons
- Same-sex marriage is legal in Israel
- How useful is a kitchen fireplace
- What are some amazing facts about Denmark
- Why are people leaving DRDO
- Is it hard to be a Filipino
- What IQ is 92 above average
- Why is it important to hire the right talent
- How do I understand the salary structure
- How do I reduce the budget deficit
- Why do firefighters wear red
- Why is someone worried about Leonardo Dicaprio
- Which is the best tablet from Samsung
- What is the responsibility of a recruiter
- Where is Belfast in the UK
- Would you kill me for $ 10
- Is there a maximum age for retirement?
- Why do people still use Skype
- Which IB subject combination is better
- Which countries have the strictest immigration laws?
- Why are there conflicts in organizations
- What does tja mean in German
- Why are straight people called straight
- What is Halala in Quran