Use force to bargain at unions
Those who are members of a trade union enjoy tangible advantages: support with problems in the company or at work, a wide range of educational, advisory and service offers as well as legal protection. The unions negotiate collective agreements. They influence legislation and throw their political weight on the scales in order to make the (work) world a little more just and social. That is reason enough to join a union. And there is another good reason:
Union membership reduces the likelihood of being fired.
This probability is 3.6 percent per year for non-union members. In contrast, it is only 1.3 percent for the organized. For unionized women and industrial workers, the security of keeping their jobs is even greater. Proof of these facts is provided by a Study of Union Membership and Layoffs by Laszlo Goerke and Markus Pannenberg. The two economists examined the employment biographies of 20,000 Germans and asked them about work, income and union membership.
What is the reason for the higher job security?
This is because employers know that union members have free legal protection and are therefore more likely, and more successful, to take action against dismissals than non-members. In addition, union lawyers often represent their clients better than other lawyers in court. For example, you win more frequent and higher severance payments. "For the employer, the financial risk increases if he wants to put a union member on the street. This should lead to companies preferring to part with unorganized staff when downsizing," wrote that Handelsblatt.
So anyone who thinks that a union is useless because he / she receives the same wages as a union member anyway and wants to save the union fee is saving in the wrong place.
Free download of the English-language study "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals" by Laszlo Goerke, University of Trier, and Markus Pannenberg, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, which was published in the journal Labor Economics.
- Sociopaths sometimes have remorse
- Computing has its own limitation
- Where would you buy your donuts
- Is Jon Snow also fireproof like Daenerys
- What is the salary of football players
- Which foods are named after locations
- How can I choose my career path
- How do taxes work
- Why does God not use social media
- Books are banned in Hong Kong
- Why is dignity important
- Why is Dravid different from Sachin
- What is the difference between chinese cultures
- How is Portugal seen in other countries
- Will climate change ruin my future?
- How would you run the immigration policy?
- What are the most inspiring short stories
- What is a double diagnosis
- Makes Sleeper Hawai Chappal profitable
- Can you make fish on the grill
- What does divorce counseling include
- What is an illegitimate child
- How do I patent an agricultural invention
- Every fart smells bad