What are some reasons for bad breath
Bad breath: 5 surprising causes of bad breath
If you have bad breath, you need good advice. We explain where the causes of bad breath can lie - and how you can put an end to it. Because in addition to known culprits such as cigarettes, garlic or dry mouth, there are also less obvious reasons for bad breath. For example, your stomach can also be to blame for bad breath. Here are 5 possible causes that you might not have figured out. (And if you want to know more: We have more tips against bad breath here for you.)
You suffer from constant headaches
Headaches aren't just painful: when combined with symptoms like a runny nose, they can even lead to bad breath. If the migraines persist, an appointment with the doctor is therefore recommended in several ways. In this case, good dental hygiene serves as a temporary remedy for bad breath. (Tips for white teeth that really help can be found here.) Peppermint tea also helps counteract unpleasant odors.
The stomach as the cause
Heartburn can also be a cause of bad breath. The stomach acid, which rises up into the mouth and throat, is to blame. This acid can also potentially lead to tooth erosion and gum problems. In this case, you should consult a gastroenterologist. Refrain from fried foods and fast food in the future. Too much alcohol and coffee is also not advisable.
A high protein consumption
The popular Stone Age diet - also known as the Paleo diet - is high in protein. But the high protein consumption is not without consequences: because too much protein in the food can lead to an increase in the ammonia content, which in turn leads to a bad smelling odor in the mouth. To counteract this, foods such as olive oil, nuts or coconut oil are recommended.
Hunger as a possible culprit
If you don't eat anything for a long time, you may struggle with bad breath: reduced food intake reduces the production of saliva in the mouth, which can lead to a dry mouth - and ultimately cause a bad smell. As a countermeasure, it is usually sufficient to drink enough water on a regular basis and have a few healthy snacks.
A diet that is too high in fat
Those who want to lose weight quickly often start a so-called ketogenic diet. But the extremely high-fat diet causes bad breath: The reason for this are certain molecules in the body that are excreted through the breath and smell of rotten fruit. But once the body has got used to the diet, the bad breath should also decrease again.
- Is Kidsoft the best childcare management software
- Why are some children afraid of the night?
- Why do people think Americans hate foreigners?
- How can I not be so antisocial
- Do you need anything
- Which are the most durable smartphones
- Are you shy of others
- What is the most important meaning in life
- Why should anyone study music
- Is it worth doing an MBA from CANADA
- Australian is very similar to British English
- What is the tastiest dish in your country
- When did Jungkook Music Kpop complete
- How should I decorate my living room?
- What is the feeling of unrequited love
- What are my investment options
- A long distance relationship is really possible
- How much does a wedding in France cost
- Can you have mutton for breakfast
- What are different types of plumbing projects
- There are prominent Chinese Muslims
- Is there a way to stop sweating?
- Atlantic City dies
- How are dreams and reality connected?