SEO is irrelevant now
Spelling and SEO - how relevant is good writing?
Good spelling has been indispensable since elementary school. What many are not aware of: Not only the teachers at the time, but also search engines like Google could take a close look at your texts. But how relevant is spelling for SEO (search engine optimization) and what are the consequences for the rankings?
Opinion on the subject is divided in the blogosphere. Martin Missfeldt, who specializes in SEO for images, is convinced that spelling is not a ranking factor for Google. Gretus, operator of SEO-United, sees the situation differently: Spelling errors are a ranking factor! Who is right?
A look behind Google's mindset
The assumption that spelling is currently irrelevant to Google is justified. Since the company from Mountain View doesn’t just let itself be seen in the cards as usual, a certain uncertainty remains. However, given the factor "high quality content" superfluous.
Spelling has distinguished texts in terms of their quality for decades. Some lines that are wiped out seem less valuable than a text corrected according to the Duden. Because a lack of spelling errors indicate not only good language skills, but also effort. The website operators are therefore not indifferent to how the text is read by visitors.
This effort is likely to be considered by Google now or in the future - albeit perhaps only slightly. Because essential More important than good writing is content with added value and that visitors get a clear page. But note: Even if the ranking factor has or will have such a small value, it may decide whether your page is in 10th or 11th place in the SERPs - and thus only on page 2.
User content - when spelling decides the length of stay
Whether or not spelling is or becomes a ranking factor is important when it comes to search engine optimization. Even more important, however, is the question: What do spelling and grammatical errors mean for my website visitors?
The fact that spelling mistakes appear in lengthy blog articles is quite natural and is usually forgiven. The situation is different with permanent errors on specialist pages. these can Scare away visitors and thus reduce the length of stay. Unlikely? Imagine how serious a specialist online shop specializing in SLR cameras looks when it writes about "lenses" and "statues"? The shortened length of stay influences the rankings. If a visitor arrives at the page via a search term, leaves it and goes to a poorly placed result, this behavior is noted by Google.
Spelling can also become an SEO problem on a completely different level. If keywords are misspelled, as in the example mentioned for the online shop, the page will receive a poorer ranking for that reason alone. So proofreading is rewarded.
A little more spelling: Microsoft Word and Duden
It can be assumed that correctly written text will get better rankings on search engines like Google. In order to create this advantage for you with a minimum of expenditure of time, you can simply copy written texts into a word processing program such as Microsoft Word and have them corrected. Duden offers an alternative web solution with more performance. There you can insert a text and use "Correct text" to check spelling and grammar.
- Why is Brazilian cuisine meat-oriented
- What is administrative culture
- What document limited the power of the monarchs?
- Why do some people whistle
- Get paid on parole
- Stephen King would be considered an intellectual
- What are the best firewall configuration rules
- What foods contain good carbohydrates
- Which is the best tablet phone
- Why does Australia not accept refugees?
- Are employee satisfaction surveys really confidential?
- Have you ever found younger people attractive
- What do Americans use as ID
- What is an intelligent teacher
- Why are Melania Trump's eyes so narrowed
- How did YOU learn Finnish
- How is Exadatum doing
- What are the best affordable suitcases
- What's your favorite snack abroad?
- Mechanical engineers get a job easily
- How do you protect yourself from harassment?
- What's your favorite Marilyn Manson song
- What makes a good kindergarten
- Where is Tanzanian money made?
- How is Grenada
- What are the benefits of cement
- How is freshman housing at SUNY Binghamton
- Will people still use Skype in 2020?
- What are the rankings for Canadian universities
- Can I get a government job 1
- What makes people follow trends?
- How can rotten teeth affect your body
- Why do white men like black women
- What is the secret of Pisces women