What do the Chinese think of Indians 2
Incident on the Indian-Chinese border : Several soldiers were killed in a border conflict
At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in an armed clash between Chinese and Indian troops on the disputed border between the two neighbors. 17 of them died after they were seriously wounded in the incident on Monday night and were exposed to temperatures below zero and high altitude, an Indian army spokesman announced on Tuesday evening.
There were also victims on the Chinese side in the violent conflict, wrote the editor-in-chief of the state-run Chinese newspaper "Global Times" on Twitter. More than 43 Chinese soldiers were seriously injured or killed, wrote the Indian news agency ANI, citing circles in the Indian government.
It is said to be the first deaths in decades on the controversial border of the two neighboring countries with the largest populations in the world, as reported by Indian media.
Increased tensions between the two nuclear powers
Tensions have increased between the two nuclear powers for weeks. Thousands of soldiers face each other in the border region of Ladakh in the Himalayas, there were recently several injuries after fist fights and stone throwing. At the beginning of June, high-ranking military officials from both sides had therefore already met and tried to find a diplomatic solution.
After the fatal incident, the foreign ministries of both countries began to blame the other side. From Beijing it was said that Indian forces had made provocative forays along the border. The authorities in New Delhi, however, announced that the Chinese had tried unilaterally to change the status quo. Senior military representatives from the two states met on Tuesday to defuse the situation, according to India. The country continues to rely on dialogue.
China and India fought a brief war over their Himalayan border in 1962, which China won. Since then, there have been repeated incidents, but most of them could be resolved through discussions. The course of the border has still not been clarified. US President Donald Trump also recently offered to mediate in the conflict what the neighboring countries did not want.
The background to the recent tensions could be the construction of a road in the disputed border area, which the Indian army is building through the mountainous area. Conversely, China has also expanded its construction activities, which India in turn criticizes. Beijing also watches with suspicion as its rival India moves closer to the side of the US and its allies, while Trump intensifies his anti-Chinese policies.
In addition, China had sharply criticized a decision made by India last year. India had separated Ladakh, mainly inhabited by Buddhists, from the rest of the predominantly Muslim Jammu and Kashmir and declared it a separate federal territory in order to strengthen its control. China had spoken of an “undermining” of its territorial integrity. (dpa)
- Why is CFA US better than CA
- What's wrong with Kollywood
- Will the economic crisis come to China
- Has your wishful thinking ever come true?
- Who has lived in your family the longest
- How to mute a Skype call
- Are stars luminous or non-luminous bodies?
- How to say sandwich in Vietnamese
- What makes boarding schools so special
- How was vegetarianism introduced in India
- Are all APIs microservices
- Streaming services will eventually kill cinemas
- What is a Linux firewall
- What do you think about interracial dating
- How many countries never have snow
- The turndown service is the same as the cleaning service
- Sore muscles means building muscle
- Is peeing female ejaculate
- Who is this Japanese girl
- Which pair has the greatest difference in height
- What's wrong with white bread
- Narcissists hate other narcissists
- Indian women meet up with Hispanic men
- Which lifestyle do you prefer and why