What is the flight or fight response
Fight and flight behavior
Fight behavior Escape behavior Combat reaction Escape reaction
Every piece of information that a person receives (see, hear, smell, feel, taste) is classified in a split second into known / unknown and dangerous / harmless and then evaluated emotionally.
If the information is recognized and classified as dangerous, the body is prepared for fight or flight through special hormone release,
Increasing the pulse rate and blood pressure to better supply the muscles with oxygen,
Release of stress hormones (adrenaline, etc.)
which are supposed to block thinking biologically, too!
The hormones are released the more strongly the "danger" is felt. The breakdown of the hormones takes up to 5 minutes if there is no “replenishment”. Otherwise longer.
The result of the hormone release is referred to as "psychological fog or hormonal fog." Joy hormones have almost the same effect (speechless with joy, with ecstasy)
This reaction takes place in all dangerous situations in order to bypass the slow, logical thinking brain
People perceive it as a danger
1. physical threat
2. Psychological threat
i.e. also a hindrance to the satisfaction of needs
Hormone release (adrenaline, noradrenaline)
Heartbeat and blood pressure rise
"Fight and Flight Reaction" (or "Paralyzed Fear")
The orientation response
occurs when there is new information
The fight and flight response
in the case of dangerous information associated with "psychological fog".
© Kh.Pflug (sales trainer, consultant, coach, textbook author, university lecturer)
Karlheinz Pflug offers sales training for technical sales and advice-intensive sales as well as sales coaching also on the subject of acquisition.
Sales dictionary table of contents
Individual sales training with Kh.Pflug prepares the ground for your success
Recommend this page -If you like the page, please put a link on www.vertriebslexikon.de - Thank you!
- How many shipwrecks are there in history?
- How do I submit CTS ratings
- What do Romanians think of Americans
- Have you ever received a death threat
- What are some bad ideas that you had
- Is re-invoicing legal in the offshore sector?
- Do you love to read? If so, why
- When were marriages most often arranged?
- Why should I live in Louisiana
- What actors refuse to do romantic scenes
- What are gravitons explain in simple terms
- Why do companies use ERP software
- Which areas in Manhattan are unsafe
- Why is French parenting such a reference
- Business consultants need to know the auditing
- Why is Greece considered a Mediterranean country
- What matters most Salary or title
- Do transgender men go to men's prison
- Why do matriarchal societies fail
- What causes boils under the armpit
- Why do my teeth feel loose?
- Why were past generations smarter than us
- How effective is a commission payment
- What are some strange facts about teenagers
- Can a gay be straight
- Which characteristics are women biologically attracted to?
- Where is medical treatment free
- How is HBTU Kanpur
- Why is celebration important in our life
- I really flirt with everyone
- French Canadians are Latinos
- If someone hates God, they are angry
- Karachi is an interesting city to visit
- What makes non-alcoholic beverages sour