Which course is better MBA or PGDM
Difference Between MBA and PGDM
Nowadays students are very concerned about their careers as they want to pursue such a course that not only gives their career a boost, but also offers a variety of opportunities to learn new skills. This puts a person in a complicated situation; They find it difficult to choose between the professional courses that suit their needs.
MBA and PGDM are the two courses that refresh an individual's entrepreneurial and managerial skills and often lead to confusion as to which of which to choose. This article highlights the differences between MBA and PGDM, read on.
|Basis of comparison||MBA||PGDM|
|Expands to||Master in Business Administration.||Postgraduate Diploma in Management.|
|importance||An MBA is a program offered by various universities to provide students with theoretical business and management knowledge.||A PGDM is a course offered by AICTE-recognized institutes or the autonomous universities to develop business or industrial skills in the students.|
|Course type||Masters degree||Diploma certificate|
|Offered by||university||Autonomous University or AICTE approved management institutes.|
|Fee structure||Affordable||Comparatively high|
|Room for further study||After the MBA, a person can pursue an advanced degree such as Phd.||PGDM does not recognize a person who is pursuing higher education.|
|Curriculum focus||MBA focuses on developing technical skills and business knowledge.||PGDM is more geared towards industry and therefore develops soft skills.|
Definition of MBA
MBA is an abbreviation for Masters in Business Administration and is a degree program that is offered by various universities. After graduation, students can take an entrance exam by taking an entrance exam, e. B. CAT / MAT / GMAT etc. It is an AICTE Approved and UGC Recognized course designed to help develop an understanding of student business and management.
The MBA helps to introduce the technical skills and theoretical knowledge of the graduates. It is the most popular place in the world and is internationally recognized.
Definition of PGDM
PGDM is an abbreviation for Post Graduate Diploma in Management. It is a certified diploma course offered by several autonomous institutes (non-university institutions) or universities that upon graduation, students can either be directly admitted or take an entrance exam like CAT / MAT / GMAT etc depending on the guidelines the facility.
It is an AICTE Recognized and UGC Recognized course designed to help develop students' key skills and industrial techniques.
Hence, the PGDM program helps prepare graduates for leadership roles in the industry.
Main differences between MBA and PGDM
- MBA stands for Master in Business Administration, and PGDM stands for Postgraduate Diploma in Management.
- MBA helps in developing knowledge mainly related to business and management, while PGDM helps in learning the most important skills of the company or industry.
- MBA is a degree while PGDM is a diploma.
- The MBA is offered by the university, while an institute approved by the Autonomous University or AICTE offers PGDM
- The MBA curriculum is rigid because it is framed by the university and changed once every 3 or 5 years. On the other hand, PGDM's curriculum is flexible as it can change its curriculum according to industry standards and the business environment, which changes from time to time.
- In terms of the fee structure of the two courses, PGDM is more expensive than an MBA.
- After the MBA, you can apply for further studies such as Doctorate in Philosophy (Ph.D.). On the other hand, PGDM does not qualify for participation in courses that are primarily a Masters degree.
- MBA focuses on developing technical skills and business knowledge. Conversely, PGDM is more industry-oriented and therefore develops soft skills.
- Admission to study after graduation.
- AICTE approved and UGC recognized.
- The course lasts two years.
- Entrance exam.
- Learning about business and management ethics.
Students unsure of which course to choose can go through these differences and make their choices wisely. The MBA helps an individual to impart technical skills and business knowledge, predominantly of a theoretical nature, while the PGDM helps develop industrial skills and specialize in the topic of interest. MBA prepares you to acquire business knowledge and clear the exams, while the PGDM prepares you for the higher positions in the industry.
Hence there is a very thin line of difference between these two and must be chosen according to the needs of the individual.
- Why is horse meat haram
- Psychology is difficult
- Why is Bleach Anime not so popular
- How do you run and walk quietly
- How is the prison in Japan
- Are genetically related to Thai and Chinese
- How bad is it to be an anesthesiologist
- What is gender bias
- How does alcohol poisoning feel?
- Why do dog ears smell
- Why do some people hate romantic relationships
- What are the best Harry Potter books
- The US alienates its allies
- Which drinks contain the most alcohol?
- What is the most dangerous road sign
- What is fake fruit
- Why did I start hating music?
- How do crime scene cleaners work
- Are employee satisfaction surveys really confidential?
- The Metoo movement is useful
- How much oil does Azerbaijan export
- What extreme sports are popular in Singapore
- How do doctors balance a family
- How many prophets of Islam were there