Can I add VAT on UK exports?
Britain's exit from the EU and the impact on tariffs
Import and export to Northern Ireland
Due to the particular situation of Northern Ireland, different conditions apply to goods imported from or exported to.
In principle, all provisions in Northern Ireland are still subject to EU law, i.e. the procedure corresponds to the situation as if Northern Ireland were still an EU member. There are no customs formalities, sales tax regulations comply with EU rules as long as the goods and goods remain in Northern Ireland.
For goods that arrive in Northern Ireland from non-EU countries (including the UK), the same rules apply as they have been laid down in the respective trade agreements and customs laws of the EU. Further controls may also be required here (for example when transporting animals).
More information about customs formalities and taxes: The EU has published an FAQ with the 59 most important questions and answers about customs duties and taxes. These explain many of the above issues in detail.
For questions and suggestions on the subject of tariffs and Brexit, please contact:
Nikolaus Schadeck, Partner Head of Country Practice UK in Germany, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Am Weser-Terminal 10, 28217 Bremen, T + 49 421 33557-7109, [email protected]
Anja Markmann, International Consultant, at the Chamber of Commerce Bremen, 0421 3637-247, [email protected]
- Can immigrants marry in Great Britain
- What does Donald Trump think of Indians
- Are millennials extremely liberal
- Why is there no Parasyte Season 2
- Could Latinos one day be seen as white?
- What does Matthew 16 19
- How are butlers trained
- How stressful is a career in marketing
- Likes Egypt Algeria
- How do toddlers learn through play
- Why is Dhaka so overcrowded
- Why is UC Berkeley ranked so high
- How did Gary McKinnon learn to code
- Can ALS be reversed
- How to lower HbA1C levels
- What are the ankle swelling drugs
- Which is better retail or wholesale
- How is the war going in Ukraine
- Australian universities accept IGCSE students
- Is democracy possible in the Middle East?
- Which word has the most different letters
- Time would help save relationships
- How does the smell spread in the air?
- What is a bond 2