How does the free lunch at school work
More student loans and free school meals : That will change on August 1st
Families, children, trainees and students - they all benefit from reforms leading to the August 1st come into effect. An overview:
Education and participation package: Children from low-income families can look forward to more money from the education package, which was reformed with the Strong Family Act.
Families who receive basic security, child allowance, housing benefit or asylum seeker benefits are entitled to the benefits.
- instead of 100 euros there is 150 euros per year and child for school supplies (notebooks, pens, books, school bags, etc.)
- the monthly allowance for membership in a sports club or music school lessons increases from 10 to 15 euros
- lunch at school, daycare and day care is free
- there is no personal share for school transport (e.g. for tickets for buses and trains)
- Regardless of an acute risk of transfer, pupils can take advantage of tutoring (if there are no comparable school offers)
Good daycare law: In addition to families who receive social benefits, those who receive a child allowance or housing benefit are now also exempt from daycare contributions. According to the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, 1.2 million children do not have to pay a day care fee.
Bafög reform: From August 1st, more students will have the opportunity to receive student loans. The allowances for parents' income will be increased by a total of 16 percent. This year it will initially be 7, in 2020 then 3 and again 6 percent in 2021. The maximum funding rate for students receiving student loans rises from 735 to 861 euros.
In addition, the requirement rates will be increased by a total of seven percent. In 2019, initially by five percent in a first step, then by two percent in 2020. The housing supplement for students who do not live with their parents increases from 250 to 325 euros.
Training allowance: The vocational training allowance for apprentices is experiencing a significant increase. The maximum amount will be 716 euros per month from August, with a further increase a year later. Then the maximum amount should be 723 euros. The apprenticeship allowance is paid to anyone who is doing an apprenticeship and does not live with their parents because the company is too far away from their parents' home.
Armed forces: There is also a change in the Bundeswehr. On August 1st, the “Act for the Sustainable Strengthening of Operational Readiness” comes into force. The step into civilian working life is to be made easier for temporary soldiers with the promotion of internships and career counseling. In addition, relatives of soldiers who have been injured in action are given the opportunity to be included in therapy free of charge.
integration: Language and integration courses are now also open to asylum seekers for whom it is unclear whether they will be allowed to stay in Germany for a long time - but only if the person concerned entered the country before August 1st and has been tolerated for at least three months. In addition, the language courses will also be opened to other groups of foreigners who were previously excluded. (with dpa)
- Is the fight against climate change pointless
- Where can I buy Vernors in Philadelphia
- Which leads to an increase in the interest rate
- Can a narcissist easily identify other narcissists
- How is dating a Russian man
- Is com really important
- Are iPhones really that bad
- What husband expects from wife in bed
- What are the symptoms of scoliosis
- Can CA students have girlfriends?
- How far is Bali from Singapore
- How to enter a registered trademark
- What is the best toothpaste for pyorrhea
- Why are mechanical engineers paid so low
- How are patent attorneys paid
- What do Indonesians think of Koreans
- How does one snake eat another snake
- People have fewer friends as they get older
- What are popular international breakfast foods
- How should I react logically to someone
- What should be the definition of marriage
- Can someone explain the ESI registration
- What are some unusual records in cricket
- What is the Hindi word for Takalluf