Is Robo 2 0 a hit or a flop?
Jenny's Flop Movie of the Year - Transformers 3
I advocate the principle that any film, no matter how bad it may be on the surface, can hide interesting facets. That's why I went into Transformers 3, even though Transformers - The Vengeance felt like a jaw hook against my intelligence. Out of sheer curiosity, so to speak, to find out what influence 3D technology would have on Michael Bay's style. After all, the eccentric filmmaker said something about unusually long takes in advance. From a purely formal point of view, Michael Bay is and remains an interesting director, but interesting is far from good and good is the last word that would come to mind on Transformers 3.
The decision to put Transformers 3 at number 1 on my flop 7 wasn't even so much due to the drowsy action scenes, the sexism, or the absolute lack of tension in the film. These are elements that belong to the franchise and shouldn't surprise anyone in the third part. What actually shocked me a little about Transformers 3, on the other hand, was the absolute absence of any humanity, any humanity whatsoever. I don't even mean the grand human gesture of Steven Spielberg. Instead, I am concerned with the little moments in which a (catastrophe) film shows that something is at stake, that human lives are at stake and that are fundamentally worth something.
The cold indifference with which Transformers 3 sent thousands of people to their deaths in the great invasion of Chicago has no function. It does not make us viewers complicit, as was the case with Stanley Kubrick many times, it is not a comment, not a satirical exaggeration of anything. She is the result of sheer laziness. Transformers 3 represents the high point of a blockbuster cinema so far, in which people, whether film characters or viewers, become extras and the spectacle becomes the main actor. With his third robo hit, Michael Bay has set standards in terms of sheer showmanship that even a World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles can only dream of.
Of course, Transformers 3 remains fascinating. Pessimists may speak of a trend towards dehumanization in American blockbusters. I would not go so far. In a way, Michael Bay involuntarily shot a cinematic dystopia with Transformers 3 that shows what the system called blockbuster can become if the individual parts of a film are arranged entirely according to their market value.
My flop 7 of the films of the year:
1. Transformers 3
2. Mad Circus - A ballad of love and death
4. Police egg
5. Hesher - The rebel
6. Super 8
7. The client
Here is an overview of all the texts on tops & flops as well as stars of the year:
Flops in 2011
Mattes ’flop film of the year - Kill The Boss
Ines ’flop film of the year - Sucker Punch
Sophie's Flop of the Year - Pirates of the Caribbean
Maltes ’Flop of the Year - Colombiana
Jenny's Flop Movie of the Year - Transformers 3
Mattes ’Top Movie of the Year - Winter’ Bone
Ines ’top film of the year - Melancholia
Sophie's Top Film of the Year - Planet of the Apes
Maltes Top of the Year - X-Men: First Decision
Jenny's Top Movie of the Year - Meek’s Cutoff
Top Actor of 2011
Jenny's Star of the Year - Kristen Wiig
Jenny's Star of the Year - Andy Serkis
Mattes' Star of the Year - Mia Wasikowska
Mattes' Star of the Year - Ryan Gosling
Sophie's Star of the Year - Michelle Williams
Sophie's Star of the Year - Robert Pattinson
Maltes Star of the Year - Jennifer Lawrence
Maltes Star of the Year - Michael Fassbender
Interesting directors of 2011
Tomas Alfredson - Nordmann with ambitions
Nicolas Winding Refn - Master of Precision
Andrea Arnold - From Top of the Pops to Venice
Cary Fukunaga - Powerful films with powerful images
Steve McQueen - The sensual pragmatist
- What do you think of Chinese homework
- How do I design an ATV vehicle
- Should I study psychology or finance?
- What comes after failure
- All the advantages of cleaning our house
- What caused the downfall of the Samajwadi party?
- What is the significance of Filipino history
- Is it true that death is an illusion?
- How did MILF ever become a thing
- Are genetically related to Thai and Chinese
- What happens when you eat raw pork
- Have you ever been gay or lesbian?
- Why does a baby wake up crying
- What is the revolution in social science
- How effective is a commission payment
- How much money do you spend every day
- Why do companies offer internships
- How do I deal with a terrible boss
- How do you manage to set up a consulting company
- What are manga for adult men
- Which is the most terrible phobia
- Karvy is good company
- How can I deal with someone's past
- What is important in a girl's life
- Like the life of a CPA
- Do you ever get over true love?
- There are dead kitchens
- How industrious are immigrants in general
- How long can you live without fear
- Which company provides reliable business services in Singapore
- How does a central bank create money
- How can I be a good headhunter
- Which city could Indore's twin city be?