What makes a professional position prestigious
Occupation classification and measurement of occupational status / prestige
Occupational classification and measurement of occupational status / prestige
'In the ZUMA news 47 and 48, the authors commented on the' status of occupational coding 'and on the' compatibility of ISCO-68, ISCO-88 and KldB-92 ', the three most common codes for classifying occupations in Germany . As a further contribution to the classification of occupations ... more
'In ZUMA news 47 and 48, the authors commented on the' status of occupational coding 'and on the' compatibility of ISCO-68, ISCO-88 and KldB-92 ', the three most common codes for classifying occupations in Germany . As a further contribution to the classification of occupations, the possibilities offered by an occupation classification according to ISCO as a demographic background feature should be presented here. This includes the implementation of the ISCO coding in scales of socio-economic status, professional prestige and class situation. Furthermore, national alternatives to status and prestige based on 'position in the job' will be briefly pointed out. ' (Author's presentation) ... less
Federal Republic of Germany; Coding; Class situation; social status; Job; Position in occupation; Classification; Professional prestige
Survey techniques and analysis techniques in the social sciences
General sociology, macro-sociology, special theories and schools, development and history of sociology
descriptive study; Theory building; Basic research
Year of publication
ZUMA News, 27 (2003) 52
Release version; appraised
Deposit License - No Redistribution, No Processing
- What is the curriculum for SSC CGL
- How can you take legal action against the bank?
- How do bacteria protect themselves from bacteriophages
- How should I react logically to someone
- Should I use asset management
- What is TFS
- How bad posture harms your body
- What is your biggest weakness and why
- The term old people is offensive
- Why are mental illnesses considered permanent
- Are judges well paid in the UK
- Why is the Japanese economy still struggling?
- Which smartphone do you personally use?
- What do children annoy most about parents?
- Do companies hire interns as employees
- All successful people have haters
- Why do nations wage war
- Who pays the closing costs for the new building
- Why do our bodies produce odors
- Is it dangerous to be a journalist?
- How much does an EOD technician earn
- How well Volvos hold their value
- How reliable is the Wish the Shopping app
- How can I get my baby to sleep?
- Which is the highest earning government job
- How did the British treat India
- An infinite object could have a center
- Which Albanian dialect should I learn
- Bonds increase in value over time
- How does it feel to get a master’s degree?
- What does Supernanny do
- I have a liquor leak
- How do charities get corporate sponsorship
- What is inflation unfair