Like LAX airport for departure
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
The Los Angeles International Airport (short: LAX), with over 70 million passengers and more than 600,000 flight movements per year, is one of the largest airports in the USA and the most frequented airport on the west coast.
In addition to the San Francisco International Airport, it is the best starting point for a tour of the southwest. However, the enormous size of the airport has advantages and disadvantages ...
LAX: location & orientation
LAX lies in the West of the huge urban area, right on the coast, between Venice in the north and El Segundo and Manhattan Beach in the south.
Arrival & departure
The journey usually takes place by car via the busy Interstate 405, which runs through the city in a north-south direction largely parallel to the coast and which you should allow for enough time to drive. As a rule, it therefore makes sense to spend the night in an airport hotel before departure. More on that below.
Theoretical is also the arrival and departure with the Public transport services possible, but despite certain improvements in recent years it is still very poor: There is no connection to the subway.
Only buses can be used, which is usually an option when driving to downtown or Hollywood two changes requires - with the G-Shuttle to the Green Line Metro and via Willowbrook Station to the Blue Line, for example.
Most of the time, therefore, the taxi is preferred, which is on average about $ 50 to downtown costs.
Rental cars & motorhomes
Since a car is basically indispensable in Los Angeles, you should usually pick it up from a rental car company directly at the airport or hand it in before departure.
When picking up a motorhome, which can only take place the day after arrival, it makes sense to spend the night in an airport hotel with a free shuttle and then be driven to the motorhome rental the next morning.
Note: The counters of the rental car companies are not located directly in the airport building, but in its immediate vicinity. Shuttle buses take you there, they usually stop in front of the exit of all terminals every 5 to 15 minutes.
The journey can take between 5 and 30 minutes, depending on the terminal and time. The stops are also only sparsely marked, in case of doubt you have to ask yourself.
Terminals & Airlines
LAX has nine different terminals, some of which are connected by shuttle buses and some by walkways (Terminals 5 to 8).
Most international flights arrive on Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), including Lufthansa, Air France, KLM and British Airways. If you fly with American Airlines, you will land at Terminal 4, Delta Air Lines will serve Terminal 5 and 6, Virgin America will land at Terminal 3 and United Airlines will land at Terminals 7 and 8.
Immigration usually takes place at the TBIT, as American, Delta, Virgin and United are domestic flights, so they stop in the USA before and have already entered the country.
On the other hand, this is often the case when you leave high visitor numbers to consider, so that you should definitely reach the airport two and a half hours before departure.
At all terminals there are numerous shops and restaurants that offer coffee, snacks and snacks at airport-typical prices. WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS (Wi-Fi) is ubiquitous, free and slow, or just under $ 8 and reasonably fast.
Important: LAX is a rather old-fashioned and sometimes extremely narrow airport, and there is almost always construction going on somewhere. Therefore it is better to bring a little more time with you than too little!
A Airport hotel is, as mentioned, above all before Departure from LAX makes sense so that on the day of the flight you no longer have to accept the often extremely nerve-wracking car journey through the city. After arrival, an airport hotel can also be an option - with a (planned) arrival before 3 p.m. there is nothing to prevent you from going straight to a hotel in downtown or Hollywood and the surrounding area.
Since LAX is not in a particularly good area of LA, it is important to consider when choosing an airport hotel to be a tad more careful as usual. A monitored and fenced parking lot is compulsory, and you should be a bit more critical of the cheaper but otherwise good motel chains here, as they sometimes attract a somewhat questionable audience.
Nevertheless, you don't have to spend huge sums of money: From around $ 125 a night You usually get a usable room, for 150-175 $ even a really good one. For LA standards, that's okay and can be handled for one night.
- $Wingate, simple but good and cheap, reasonably quiet
- $$Crowne Plaza, not the newest, big, okay overall
- $$Courtyard, very pleasant, price / performance ratio mostly top!
- $$$Hyatt, more expensive, but also meets high demands
- Like Koreans Japanese
- What is the maximum age
- What are new innovations in technology
- Has society changed you anyway?
- Which SIM card does Mukesh Ambani use
- Little India is safe in Singapore
- What problems is China's economy facing?
- Teachers miss students in summer
- Which country has the most protected country?
- In which cultures was incest common?
- What is the best south asian country
- Break a fast for Splenda
- What is buckling and crumpling of columns
- Which country has the most attractive flag?
- Who pays for the deportation from New Zealand?
- Are gangs a problem in Missoula Montana
- Who can arrest a judge
- What is KetoViante Singapore
- Why do Brazilians call Americans Estadounidenses
- Why are there cockroaches
- What is Invisalign How expensive is it
- Why should a child start lying?
- What is your last name
- What is life not supposed to be
- Is drinking allowed in public in Singapore?
- Is the reward for becoming a Google member real?
- Couldn't you be lazy
- What is mobile money
- Why is Russia so religiously diverse
- How often do one-night stands occur
- What is the best online job market
- Likes BTS Jungkook Filipino girls
- How can I minimize taxes in retirement?
- Which trademarks cannot be registered