Why should you use a smartphone
Data protection & data security for smartphones: a fight against windmills?
The most important information about data protection for smartphones and mobile phones in brief
- Basically are Cell phones and smartphones not the means of choice to protect sensitive personal data.
- The following steps among other things increase the Cell phone data security: Disable features - about WiFi and Bluetooth - if you don't need them, check them Access permissions Of your apps, delete them temporary data regularly.
- Complete Data security guarantees only the one-time use of one Disposable cell phones.
Data-secure smartphone: Oxymoron in the digital age?
More on the topic: Specific data protection advice for smartphones
Data protection in one app Android data protection
always on-line be, always reachable, always ready to react: Smartphones define the everyday life in the 21st century. The privacy is usually neglected.
This counselor explains how you can protect data protection on your smartphone in eight steps increase. Tips for dealing with business data on your private smartphone you also receive.
Eight steps: How to increase data protection on your smartphone
Disable and block access to GPS location
Turn that on GPS module Of your cell phone, no data about your Location and you Movement pattern not be passed on to third parties.
Alternatively it is also possible to use certain apps - for example Google Maps - prevent you from accessing your location. You can do this in the respective App settings establish.
- Android: Settings - Location access - Allow location access - deactivate
- iPhone: Settings - General - Location Services - deactivate
- Windows Phone: Start - Settings - Privacy - Position - deactivate
Disable data backups
Backups of your data are used by most cell phones By default executed. From a data protection point of view, these bundled information packages However, experts recommend that turn off automated backups.
The disadvantage However, this setting is obvious: Your data will not saved and can in case of problems not restored become. Backpups on external hard drives offer a solution here.
- Android: Settings - Backup & reset - Back up my data - deactivate
- iPhone: Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup - deactivate
- Windows Phone: Start - Settings - System - Backup - deactivate
Deactivate WiFi while on the move
Even if you are your GPS module switched off, your movements can use the WiFi networkswhich your smartphone registers, understood become.
For this reason, it is recommended that the WLAN function only to be switched on if you need them to activate the Data protection standard from your smartphone to increase.
- Android: Settings - WLAN - deactivate
- iPhone: Settings - Mobile network - WLAN - deactivate
- Windows Phone: Start - Settings - System - WLAN - deactivate
At the Bluetooth applies the same principle as with WLAN module. If you switch it off except when it is directly necessary, you also protect the battery Of your phone.
- Android: Settings - Bluetooth - deactivate
- iPhone: Settings - Bluetooth - deactivate
- Windows Phone: Start - Settings - Bluetooth - deactivate
Delete temporary files (cache, cookies, etc.) regularly
They don't just make your cell phone slowerbut also keep details on yours Usage and surfing behavior fixed: temporary files.
If you delete them regularly, increase the Data security Of your phone. This is especially true for the deletion of the Cookiesso that your data protection on the Internet is preserved.
- Android (option 1): Settings - Manage apps - Browser (alternatively: Chrome) - Clear cache
Option 2 (only for Chrome): Chrome - Settings - Advanced - Privacy - Clear browsing data
- iPhone (step 1): Settings - Safari - Clear history and website data
step 2: Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website data - Delete all website data
- Windows Phone: Open the app (Windows Edge or Internet Explorer) - Settings - Clear history
Check the access rights of the apps
Ever newer the smartphones, the more less influence you can find the permitted access of certain apps. So it is current not possible anymoreto get certain requests refuse: To install the app, you need the Permissions simply grant.
To a certain privacy When it comes to your smartphone, you should be on apps dispense, which extensive (and seemingly unnecessary) access permissions desire. Often times can Alternatives Find.
Set up passwords and locks
Also the Basics have to be right if your Protect data want. This includes having your smartphone with you secure passwords equip particularly important documents with a Additional lock Mistake.
It is best to have a double locking function to use - for example a fingerprint comparison and a pin code.
Google settings: Deactivating advertising ID is the minimum
Certain apps are more invasive than others. Google belongs to the former group. Unlike many others Applications however, you can do some here Settings make which the Data protection on your smartphone increase.
For example, you can establishwhether your Google password is saved or always new specified needs to be whether google a own backup of your data should create and whether you personalized advertising allow (through the advertising ID).
- Android: Settings - Account - Google - Settings for advertising - Reset advertising ID (further setting options for Google from the step "Google"
- iPhone: Settings - Data protection - Advertising - No ad tracking - activate
- Windows Phone: Settings - Advertising ID - disable
Customer data on the smartphone: data protection must be a top priority
A Specialty is when private individuals also use their smartphones business use - for example by using Synchronize email accounts or business calls process over the private phone.
In order to maintain the data security of the Customer data the following are to be ensured Precautions hold true:
- Various user accounts Create: This is how you can set up apps which access Your emails and address details received, only on your private user account install, not on the business.
- Encryption of data transmission and the relevant data: Here it is advisable to refer to a Encryption app to fall back on.
- Secure passwords / PINs use - in case of doubt is one Double login function to use.
- Just Online storage use which of European providers operate.
You might also be interested in:
- Are criminals born or created
- Are shellfish really fish
- When are the tides highest
- How do ENT patients show love
- Do we have to be more ashamed
- Did Allah ever immediately respond to your dua
- Why does China allow refugees
- How does an airplane take off
- The US alienates its allies
- Is America Safe For Indians Now 1
- Training can help your career
- How many Indians live in Sydney
- Why is flamboyance often associated with homosexuality?
- Should I do a startup or an MBA?
- How can believers protect themselves from inflation
- My cell phone's IP address is changing
- How important is longevity to you
- What makes someone over-cautious
- What is a pueblo in New Mexico
- What is your unique family tradition
- Why can agricultural companies patent seeds?
- What's your favorite French BD
- What are the most overwhelming geographic facts
- What's wrong with Kollywood