How much money do kindergarten teachers earn
Salary of an educator: Everything for the merit of an educator
The job of an educator is not easy. Every day you have many children and different needs. Since the introduction of the right to a daycare place, the working conditions have deteriorated significantly in some cases. But is that actually rewarded accordingly?
How much does an educator earn on average? Are there ways to increase wages? Does it make sense to change the facility?
In our guide we present numerous facts on the subject of the salary of an educator. We go into which federal states more money flows and how it is with the Pay during training looks like. They experience, what opportunities for advancement you have and what you need for it.
Table of Contents
1. The salary as an educator increases over time
Your salary will increase over the course of your life.
Three quarters of all those employed in the child-rearing sector are paid under the public service collective agreement. The TVÖD SuE currently applies to these employees.
The grouping in the respective salary group is based on your qualification. Your professional experience is taken into account within the framework of the six levels in the table.
The basic salary as an educator is pay group 8a. This is 2,754.54 euros gross per month if you include bonus payments such as Christmas and holiday pay.
Salary negotiations in March 2018 will most likely lead to a slight increase in salaries. Fundamental changes, however, are not to be expected in the context of collective bargaining.
If you have been working as a child-rearing specialist for some time, your hourly wage as an educator will increase. The salary levels as an educator make up an overall percentage increase of around 40%, provided you have not taken on any additional tasks that would allow you to raise your salary further.
Your net will not quite be an additional 40% due to the higher taxation.
You can reach the total of six levels after the following time:
- Level 1: immediately
- Level 2: after one year in level 1
- the third level 3 awaits you after you have worked in level 2 for three years
- You reach level 4 in level 3 for four years
- after a further 4 years in level 4, you will receive remuneration according to level 5
- You will receive final level 6 if you have been paid according to level 5 for five years
Danger: In a federal state in eastern Germany, your wages as an educator are slightly lower.
2. Make a career and advance with your employer
Of course, you can also advance as a state-approved educator. The first level, which is associated with a higher salary grade, is achieved by completing the Take over group leadership.
The salary of the daycare manager depends on the size of the kindergarten. The size is irrelevant for the salary as an educator.
The following limit values apply to the management task:
|Size of the day care center||Pay group according to the tariff table for educators (TVöD SuE)|
|under 40 children||S 9|
|between 40 and 69 children||P. 13|
|between 70 and 99 children||S 15|
|between 100 and 129 children||S 16|
|between 130 and 179 children||S 17|
|from 180 children accommodated||P. 18|
The maximum salary as a kindergarten teacher is currently 5,775.46 euros (including proportional surcharges). To do this, however, you must be in pay group S 18 and level 6.
You have better chances of taking over the management of a daycare center or kindergarten if you have a university degree. According to a study by the Evangelical University of Freiburg, the quota of those educators who have a relevant university degree is currently only 4.6%.
Tip: You can also become an educator as a career changer. The chances of temporarily working as a supplementary worker are very good, as there are still many vacant teacher positions.
3. Educators who are not employed in accordance with the collective agreement earn less
The collective agreement benefits the educators.
However, not everyone is lucky enough to work in a state institution and has benefited from the decent wage increases in recent years. Around a quarter of all educators work in the private sector.
There the wages are on average around 10 to 20 percent below the salary as an educator, which is paid according to the collective agreement. However, it is a matter of negotiation so you have the opportunity to make demands if you perform well.
If you work in a Protestant or Catholic kindergarten, you will usually be paid according to internal collective agreements there. This also applies to Caritas, Diakonie or the DRK.
4. Important questions and answers -FAQs
What training allowance is there?
As long as you are in training, you will not receive any payment. You can, though Apply for financial support as part of the federal training grant. In the practical year you will receive between 1,400 and 1,500 euros gross per month in state kindergartens. In private companies you usually get significantly less.
Can I also work part-time?
As an educator, it is even common to take on three-quarters or half a position. Almost half of all educators in Germany do not work full-time.
Do Male Educators Make More Money?
In many areas the salaries are adjusted to collective agreements so that there are no differences. On average, men get a little more money because they work part-time less often.
5. Further reading for future educators(88 Ratings, average: 4,30 of 5)
Photo credits: Poznyakov / shutterstock, Photographee.eu/shutterstock, Alexander Limbach / shutterstock (sorted by order in the post)
- What motivates the unmotivated
- Have you ever had a terrible pet?
- Which is better ITI or Polytechnic
- Why didn't the Native Americans domesticate Peccary?
- Does feminism lead to matriarchy
- What is an Associate Software Developer
- How did you become a foodie
- Is it good to change jobs frequently?
- Are paramedics paid more than rescue workers?
- Are employee satisfaction surveys really confidential?
- If death is inevitable then why worry
- Which classical piece of music inspires you
- Will pc culture ever die?
- Are religions suppressed in China?
- How do you compare Shenzhen and Shanghai
- In which country does Santa Claus live
- What is the first language in Malaysia
- What profit is there in Belgaum?
- Will my cat come home
- What are some examples of libertarians
- How can people not respect others
- Nothing is permanent, my death is permanent
- What are the best hotels in Kolkata
- Teachers can be rich
- Why is sibling marriage illegal?
- Can Allah do something
- How expensive is it to live in New Delhi
- Shouting makes your point of view clearer
- What are the activities of our ancestors
- What's the coolest thing you've achieved
- What is Nancy Pelosi afraid of?
- What does medically unfit mean
- Why did my hair suddenly become curly?
- What is the best online payroll system