Are ferrets obedient
Tips for games and wellbeing for ferrets
Cat toys from specialist retailers are good for ferrets. The little whirlwinds will enthusiastically chase after everything you offer them to play with. However, make sure that no parts of the toy can be swallowed. Rubber items are not suitable for ferrets. The animals love this material, but they can easily chew and swallow it. Toys for toddlers are mostly tested for safety and can therefore be used for ferrets without any problems.
However, you don't have to dig deep into your wallet to keep your thugs occupied. There are tons of exciting toys in the household. Old boxes or baskets, ideally filled with rustling paper, are great hiding spots, table tennis balls are great for chasing around, and lambskin rolls can serve as prey for ferrets instead of being painted. You can also make your animals a lot of fun with a litter box, in which you fill earth or sand, because the little predators like to dig for their lives. But keep in mind that a toy like this makes a lot of dirt. If you keep your animals on the balcony or in the garden, this is usually not a problem.
Many ferrets love the water and like to splash around. A shallow pool with water is gratefully used, especially on warm summer days. There are no limits to your imagination when playing with your pets. Even a crumpled sheet of paper can be a lot of fun. It is only important that you always come up with something new. Then the ferret life is exciting and exciting.
Well behaved ferrets
Ferrets are intelligent and quick to grasp. If you call your animals by name right from the start, they will soon know what their name is. Once your rascals are tame, you can try to train them with "signal learning". For example, you can train them to come to you after they have run free when they hear a special tone. Start by making a sound before each feeding. This can be a click of the tongue, a bell, a whistle or a clicker (a device that is often used for conditioning animals and resembles a "cracking frog"). Immediately afterwards, the animals get their food or a treat. After a short time, the animals will associate the sound that was previously irrelevant with something positive, the food.
If you want to put your ferrets back in the cage after they have run free, you can now easily "call" them using the sound. Reward them with a treat the first time, too. Remember, however, that while ferrets are docile, they are not obedient. You can never be sure that your animals will actually come to you when you hear the sound, because the little thugs have heads of their own. Therefore, never let ferrets roam free outside of the home, as they can get away quickly.
The ferret on its chocolate side
Photographing pets is a lot of fun, but most of the time the results are frustrating. One time you can hardly see anything in the gloom, the other time you only see blurry lines. However, with a few simple tricks, anyone can get great photos. The most important thing is a good flash unit. Even when it is very bright, there is often not enough light in the apartment. Without a flash, the photos are often blurred, because the animals do not take the photographer into consideration and often run back and forth without interruption. Photographs through the bars of the ferret cage are usually not very nice. Therefore, it is better to take your little model out of the cage. It is best to set up a small photo studio for your darlings beforehand. Simply place a blanket, a cloth or a large cardboard box on the floor. Make sure the color contrasts with your ferret's fur and clear away all toys and other items. So your animal is really the focus and nothing distracts from it. This studio should be placed in a sunny and bright place. Ferrets are incredibly active and usually don't feel like sitting still for a photo. So give your pet something to nibble on while you are working behind the camera and maybe even organize a helper who can reset your pet if it leaves the photo studio without permission. When everything is ready, you can start. To be a good wildlife photographer, you only need one thing: a lot of patience! (Alexandra Frankh)
You might also be interested in
- What are the cons of sand
- What smell reminds you of your mother
- How profitable are vermicomposting companies
- What is screaming I'm an IT worker
- Why did China's first Costco close early?
- Why do some parents beat their children
- How manufacturers manage their dealers
- What is the benefit of printing money
- Which country has the best geographic advantage
- How is RV college
- What is the joinery made of
- What is the future of quantum information
- What is the brutal truth about money
- How do you judge the appearance of a person
- Knew Jesus Christ from Gautama Buddha
- The city owns the sidewalks
- Could a utopian economy be sustainable
- What objects make you happy
- How can I monitor an employee's desktop
- Is almond good for the face
- America has become a huge shopping mall
- Do you like sexting
- Will climate change ruin my future?
- How important is it for Chinese parents to get an education
- Why do cats lick each other so much
- Gives France food stamps
- How do I decide my gender
- How did Kyrgyzstan get its name
- Television is the best time to go by
- What are some common Chinese names
- Is the food overrated
- Why is my life getting so complicated
- What are popular overpaid work positions
- What are 1D 2D and 3D movements