What does the Bible say about lust?
Matthew 5:28 / ESV
But I say to you: Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Galatians 5:16 / ESV
But I say: if you walk in the spirit, you will not accomplish the lusts of the flesh.
1 Corinthians 6:18 / ESV
Flee from fornication! All the sins that man does are outside of his body; but whoever hurts sins in his own body.
1 Thessalonians 4: 3-5 / LUT
For that is the will of God, your sanctification, and that you avoid fornication and everyone among you knows how to keep his vessel in sanctification and honor. not in the fervor of lust like the heathen who know nothing of God;
Colossians 3: 5 / NIV
So kill your members that are on earth, fornication, uncleanness, shameful heat, evil lust and greed, which is idolatry,
1 John 2:16 / ESV
For everything that is in the world: the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and arrogant life, is not from the Father, but from the world.
2 Timothy 2:22 / NIV
Flee the lusts of youth; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with all who call on the Lord with a pure heart.
Galatians 5: 19-21 / LUT
But the works of the flesh are evident as there are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, fornication, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, quarrel, envy, anger, quarrel, discord, rotting, hatred, murder, drinking, eating and the like, of which I told you before and I say before that those who do this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:13 / ESV
The food for the stomach, and the stomach for the food; but God will destroy this and that. The body not of fornication, but to the Lord, and the Lord to the body.
Romans 8: 6 / LUT
But being carnal is death, and being spiritually minded is life and peace.
James 1: 14-15 / ESV
Rather, everyone is tempted when they are stimulated and lured by their own lust. After that, when lust has received, it gives birth to sin; but sin, when it is finished, gives birth to death.
John 14:15 / ESV
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
1 Peter 2:11 / ESV
Dear brothers, I urge you as strangers and pilgrims: abstain from carnal lusts that fight against the soul,
Galatians 6: 8 / LUT
Whoever sows on his flesh will reap destruction from that flesh; but whoever sows on the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit.
Job 31: 1 / LUT
I made a covenant with my eyes that I would not pay attention to a virgin.
Psalm 119: 37 / ESV
Avoid my eyes so that they do not see to useless teaching; but refresh me on your way.
Hebrews 13: 4 / ESV
Marriage is to be kept honest with all and the marriage bed immaculate; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Psalm 119: 9-10 / LUT
How will a young man go his way blamelessly? If he sticks to your words. I am looking for you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commandments.
- Are there more than two genders
- Where to buy vintage 90s clothing
- How often do you wash your bed linen
- French language preparation courses are recognized worldwide
- What's your rating of New Zealand
- Is Hyderabad a miserable place to live
- How can I get pregnant?
- What's the best Jamaican dish
- Is Nigeria a failed state
- What do bacteriophages do
- How does your company use web scraping
- Savings bonds are still a worthwhile investment
- How not to discriminate without discriminating
- Baby diapers expire
- Which is better cold or hot weather
- What is generation possibility
- What does the restaurant menu cost
- You can get an engineering degree online
- What are the uses of foam concrete
- Why is Ethiopian food so expensive
- Bad posture makes you shorter
- When and who started caste discrimination
- How does FedEx Ground work
- Where does the term slang come from?