Will freeze cooking oil
Storing oil - the right way! It stays fresh for a long time
Good oil is a high quality natural product. It is correspondingly demanding to find what is right storage concerns. Find out how you store oil and which factors reduce the quality of the oil.
Whether olive oil, rapeseed oil or sunflower seed oil - they all have one thing in common: The fats they contain are sensitive to certain external influences. When it comes to proper storage, you should therefore pay particular attention to three factors: the temperature, the light and the influence of oxygen. Otherwise the oils will spoil.
Store oil: at the right temperature
In order to keep vegetable oils fresh for a long time, you should do so if possible cool to store. Good for those who have a wine cellar at their disposal. One or the other bottle of cooking oil will feel right at home here. When storing these products, temperatures of a maximum of 16 degrees Celsius are optimal.
Some oils like about Rapeseed oil, Walnut oil or Pumpkin seed oil can be easily stored in the refrigerator. However, is suitable for olive oil storage at about 20 degrees. At temperatures below 20 degrees it can become cloudy and below 10 degrees it can start to harden due to the fatty acids. Particularly with refined olive oils, waxes can remain, which may then no longer dissolve completely and remain as streaks or cloudiness. However, this strong precipitation or "flocculation" or "flocculation" has no effect on the quality of the olive oil. You can continue to consume it without hesitation. Sunflower oil is also suitable for storage outside the refrigerator.
Storing oil in the dark is the key
In addition to the temperature, the effect of sunlight on the cooking oil is also decisive for its shelf life. Because meets UV light on the oil, this accelerates its aging. In addition, sunlight can have a negative effect on the contained ingredients such as vitamins and destroy them.
It is therefore advisable to store the products in a dark bottle on one dark place to undertake. Sunflower oil, in particular, is often sold in clear packaging. If you want to make sure that it will last a long time, you can transfer it to a dark bottle after buying it. If you use up the oil within a very short time, this is usually not necessary.
Keep away from oxygen
In addition to light and high temperatures, the third enemy of a long shelf life for edible oil is oxygen. Because comes oxygen in contact with cooking oil, oxidation processes begin which decompose it.
During this process, the fats in the oil gradually transform into foul-smelling substances. This causes it to go rancid. While that doesn't make it a health hazard, it will inedible taste.
It is therefore important not only to store vegetable oils in a cool and dark place, but also to close them quickly and well after use. This way, the oxygen has no chance of attacking and decomposing it.
This is how long well-stored oil stays fresh
If you store your cooking oil ideally, it has a long shelf life, depending on the type of oil and pretreatment - from several months to two years. Refined oils are usually more durable than cold pressed oils.
Types of oil with a longerdurability are olive oil, rapeseed oil and sesame oil. They hold up to well stored24 Months. With linseed oil, walnut oil and safflower oil, the shelf life is between four and nine months if stored properly. Mold and bacteria generally have little chance of multiplying due to the high fat content of all types of cooking oil.
Correct storage of homemade cooking oils
The latter, however, only applies to pure edible oil. If, for example, ingredients such as herbs or spices are added to homemade oils, they can start to mold. With such refined products, you should pay more attention to ideal storage and the first signs of spoilage and consume them as quickly as possible.
By the way: That Best before date is used as a guide for edible oils. So the oil does not necessarily have to be spoiled and disposed of when the imprinted therefore has been achieved. In such cases, a smell or taste test reliably reveals whether it is still edible.
- Why are some Pakistani girls white
- Which Indonesian companies are successful overseas
- How does an ENT feel loved?
- What was the ideology of social democracy
- What would the Prophet Muhammad think of ISIS
- Should the physical burden of fire fighting for women be reduced
- Why are adults more superficial than children
- Who was the audience of the gospel of Luke
- Which prisoners do you feel bad for?
- How bad is racism in France 1
- Is there something wrong with being nocturnal?
- How do I avoid burnout
- What role does the CCTV operator play
- Can we hack DVR CCTV
- How Iran is a Muslim center
- What do you think of IT outsourcing
- What do people think of Australia
- What is the role of AA
- What is the best irish food
- Why are alloys stronger than metals
- Why do some people stop being abusive
- What percentage of the salary do recruiters receive
- Where are fishing rods made
- How to treat catarrh during pregnancy
- Cruise staff have days off
- Why Weaker Economies Have Better Exchange Rates
- What can you use to purify your urine
- How can a cat get lung cancer
- How does language influence society?
- What is stopping you from being more generous?
- How can I be a millionaire
- How was your first semester at the NIT
- What is gluten-free at Nando s