What are the basics of the art of haekel
Crochet amigurumi: The cool crochet trend from Japan
Do you like to crochet? If so, then you should definitely try the hip crochet trend from Japan. And if you have never crocheted before, then the small crocheted figures from our picture gallery will definitely inspire you and tempt you to knit and crochet. There are numerous amigurumi instructions in text and pictures on the net that show you step by step how to do it. So even absolute beginners can make the cute little animals and males themselves. In the following lines we would like to introduce you to the art of amigurumi in more detail and give you a few practical tips for it. But let's start at the very beginning!
What actually is amigurumi?
The crochet trend and the term itself come from Japan. The suitcase word “amigurumi” consists of two parts - “amu” (編 む, dt. Knit) and "Kurumu" (包 む, eng. To wrap). So, the art of crocheting or knitting small figures. Often the motifs are cute little animals or males. Manga characters or those known from cartoons are also very popular, such as the good forest spirit Totoro from the Japanese anime film of the same name "My Neighbor Totoro". The amigurumi figures are usually around 10 to 15 cm tall and are not only suitable for playing, but also for collecting or as practical objects, such as key rings, for example.
Crochet totoro as an amigurumi
Amigurumi crochet basics and materials
At first glance, crocheting amigurumi may look rather difficult, but it isn't. With a bit of basic knowledge and some practical basic courses as well as video instructions, you will certainly soon be able to crochet beautiful amigurumis yourself. Normally, the body parts of an amigurumi start with a loop and a few chain stitches.
Then you hang more and more stitches on it, depending on the desired shape and figure. In addition to chain stitches, you should also be good at slip stitches and single crochet stitches. And soon nothing stands in the way of your great amigurumis.
The first basic stitches in amigurumi crochet
The materials needed:
- Crochet hook in the necessary crochet hook size - 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5
- Wool, such as Schachenmayr Catania - i.e. yarn made from 100% cotton
- Filling material: strips of fabric, polyfill, scraps of wool, styrofoam balls, etc.
- Embroidery needle for embroidering mouth, ears or eyes as well as for sewing
Match the wool correctly on the needle
And a few more practical tips
Tip 1: Make sure that the crochet hook you choose is not too big for the wool, otherwise unsightly holes could appear in your amigurumi. A basic rule of this crochet art says: Needles and wool should match each other perfectly!
Tip 2: If you crochet rather loosely, then it is best to choose a smaller crochet hook. But if you want to crochet more tightly, then larger needles are much better.
Tip 3: If the stitches are loose, you can also fill the filler material into a nayl stocking. So this will not come out when washing.
A simple crochet pattern for cute elephants
Or maybe you would rather crochet an amigurumi bear yourself?
No matter what you choose, we wish you a lot of crocheting fun with amigurumi and good luck!
A friendly amigurumi alpaca family
Amigurumi bear in fresh colors
A cute, crocheted snail and many other amigurumi ideas
- What is Huawei English translation
- What else US retail chains have to offer
- Why do Latina girls look so good
- How are teacher interactions good for students?
- How did you get to Stanford?
- Why should you choose a consultation?
- Has Donald Trump ever owned pet chickens?
- Why is Brazilian cuisine meat-oriented
- Unemployed mechanical engineer
- Has Wiccan homosexual deities
- How would you describe the German cuisine
- What are not Gujarati's favorite Gujarati foods
- What's new in 2019
- What is the cheapest 1440p 144hz monitor
- Why does semen smell fishy
- What are the principles of value investing
- Canadians like American cheese
- What personality type hates ENTPs
- How will the impeachment investigation overthrow Trump
- How do you think about this generation
- Singapore has a different season than summer
- Why is Generation Y leaving their work
- Why did Google discontinue Ruth Porat
- Why do I feel so emotionally numb
- How hard is it to make soap
- Is Com Mirza a fraud
- Do northern Indians love the Telugu language
- How young do you feel
- In which country are there more automotive vacancies?
- Why are you or were you unemployed?
- What is Section 144 1
- Will Jungkook and IU ever be together?
- Is the iPhone X fragile
- How smart are chemical engineers