Los Angeles is hot
Weather, climate, climate tables, temperatures & best travel times worldwide
California is located on the Pacific coast in the western United States and stretches from 32 to 42 degrees north with a north-south extension of around 1,200 kilometers. These enormous expansion alone takes care of very different climates in the third largest state in the USA. But this takes next to that Pacific also the Surface shape big influence. The highest point in California is over 4,400 meters, the lowest at 85 meters below sea level. So are in California depending on the region subtropical (South coast), arides (Mojave Desert and Death Valley) or Continental climate found inland. The temperatures are therefore completely uneven, as is the average rainfall.
At the South coast can the all year With warm daytime temperatures be expected that move between 18 and 25 degrees. At night it is always significantly cooler due to the influence of the Pacific.
Furthernorth will the Differences between summer and winter months are getting bigger. Even in San Francisco it doesn't get that hot in summer, an average of 22 degrees in midsummer (while it gets over 30 degrees just a little further inland).
Still further in north On the coast, temperatures reach their highest values in September at around 17 degrees.
In the Sierra Nevada on the other hand, the continental climate ensures very hot summers and very cold, snowy winters.
In the Desert areas it is very hot in the summer months with over 45 ° C. On July 10th, 1913 the "temperature world record" was measured at the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley with 56.7 ° C. In winter, it becomes much milder in the US desert regions with values of around 20 ° C.
Weather in Sacramento (capital of California)
Weather in California: Temperatures and rainfall for Sacramento, California are from yr.no and are provided by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. The forecast is updated four times a day.
Climates in California
Identification of the climatic zones in California
- Hot desert climate: hot and very dry all year round
- Cold desert climate: hot summer and cold winter, very dry all year round
- Hot steppe climate: dry climate, hot summer, mild to warm winter
- Cold steppe climate: dry climate, hot summer, cold winter
- Mediterranean climate with hot summers: mild with dry hot summers, humid winters
- Mediterranean climate with warm summers: mild with dry warm summers, humid winters
- Continental Mediterranean climate: dry, warm summers (no month shows an average temperature of more than 22 ° C), the average temperature of at least 4 months is above 10 ° C
California Best travel time
absolute High season is in California August, the big vacation month in the USA. Then hotels and beaches, sights, restaurants are full and significantly more expensive than in the rest of the year. Those who can avoid this month should do it.
Who especially dry t-shirt weather for Sightseeing or beach vacation preferred, should im Northern California June to August and in South September to November to prefer.
May to September is the best travel time for touring the National parks, then campsites and hotels are open here.
Of October to April can be found in the Sierra Nevada skiing. In some years around ten meters of snow fall here.
In contrast, one finds in the Spring and autumn good prerequisites for about that Death Valley to visit.
Here you will find further information on weather, climate & travel time in California as well as precise information on the climate and best travel time in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
California climate table
Climate in California (north): Eureka
California climate: San Francisco
Climate in California (south): Los Angeles
California Climate (South): San Diego
Here you can find more climate tables for California.
Climate in the USA
For information about the climate, the best travel time and weather in other US states, simply click on the names on the map:
- Expires olive oil
- Is Kumon's learning method effective
- What are Australians doing well
- An infinite object could have a center
- Is Amazon Pantry cheaper than Walmart
- How do teenagers change
- How can I improve my management skills
- Why should I choose hospitality management?
- Who owns the land within the railroad?
- What has only one purpose
- Is Atlanta a good place to live
- Who is Itachi Uchiha
- Really teaches you a lot to travel
- Why is the American birth rate so low
- Past is important
- America is the most diverse country
- Are shopping malls still relevant
- Why are animals kept in zoos
- How did trade help the Islamic empire
- How do I get employees
- Are people actually getting jobs with recruiters?
- Can I cash a check for 5000?
- Why do some halal restaurants serve alcohol?
- What is success after this generation