Will Harry Potter die in a book
Who dies in the new Potter?
Dumbledore as a death row inmate?
At least we already know the cover of the sixth Potter book, which will appear in England on July 16, 2005 and then in German on October 1. The cover picture shows Dumbledore and Harry in a sea of flames, wands raised. Great, but who is the "half-blood prince" mentioned in the title? And who of the previously known characters in the novel has to die in the new book?
Are there traitors in Bungay?
"Dumbledore mustn't die," demanded fans all over the world long before the release date. Because for weeks the rumor has persisted that Dumbledore's last hour will strike in the new Potter. The source of this rumor lies in the British town of Bungay. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is currently being printed there under the strictest of secrecy. But apparently some employees cannot hold back. It is noticeable that many people in the local betting shops are betting that Dumbledore will die.
The betting offices have closed
The accountants have since stopped taking bets. One of them is certain: "The print shop workers read the book secretly. They already know how it will turn out. Now they are trying to capitalize on their knowledge." The English gossip newspaper "Sun" exaggerated this "scandal" so skillfully that newspapers all over the world reported about Bungay, spreading rumors of Dumbledore's imminent death.
Nobody knows anything for sure
Before you let your heads down - couldn't the number of bets on Dumbledore be just a coincidence? A few of you tapped on the GEOlino.de pinboard in December 2004, long before the suspicious events in Bungay, that Dumbledore would be hit. Sounds obvious too. In order for the death of a character to really affect us, it must ultimately meet a significant and personable character. And if you exclude the three main characters, all that really remains is good old Dumbledore. But who knows: maybe the author J.K. Rowling also came up with a completely different surprise for us?
The fans were wrong once before
Before the fifth volume, the bets for a hero death were already similarly high: "A Weasley will die," it was said at the time. And then it was Harry's godfather Sirius who had to believe in it. Now the Weasleys are again one of the "favorites" among the possible victims. Also in the GEOlino.de forum many of you wrote something like this: "This time it will be a Weasley. But hopefully not Ron." The author must have had something in mind when she introduced a wall clock into the plot that would strike if a Weasley died. Wouldn't be jinxed if that wasn't exactly what happened in the new Potter, wouldn't it?
- On the website of the publisher that publishes the German-language Harry Potter volumes, you will not only find out that the new (German) book will appear on October 1st, but much more: www.carlsen-harrypotter.de
- Long-time Potter fans have long known this site. The homepage of the author J.K. Rowling is updated often, so it's always worth a visit. Just click on the Germany flag at the beginning - and off you go: www.jkrowling.com
- The Harry Potter fan club even brings out its own "Daily Prophet": www.hp-fc.de
- Here you can find out exciting things about the individual houses and magic schools: www.vangor.de/hogwarts/dertropfendekessel.html
- The self-proclaimed Harry Potter experts live up to their name and provide you with plenty of food for everything there is to say about Harry Potter: www.harrypotter-xperts.de
The following pages are in English, but still worth a visit.
- The "Leaky Cauldron" ("Leaky Cauldron") is one of the biggest fansites ever. Rowling himself praises this fan club as the best ever: www.the-leaky-cauldron.org
- This page is automatically updated continuously. Nowhere is the quickest way to find out all the news (and rumors) about Harry Potter than here. But the same applies here: Don't believe everything: www.hpana.com
- All extraterrestrial spaceship stories can be wrong
- What breed are Lebanese
- Who can arrest a judge
- Are you actually sleeping under hypnosis?
- Why don't I like children
- Syrians are white
- Where does Milkha Singh live
- What are first generation computers
- What is the life of the PSU officer
- How Chinese students study for their exams
- Can CBD gums get you high
- How can I send unspecified recipient emails?
- Can Google Translate completely replace human translators
- What are successful project managers
- How's the Canton Fair
- Why does a second mean a second
- How should Jay Z react to Lemonade
- What are some advantages of agricultural studies
- Why did you choose KPMG
- How can I become a multimillionaire
- How do Chinese adolescents feel about Americans?
- Why do people live in Wyoming
- How do I reduce the budget deficit
- What enables employees