Why should you stop using mobile wallets?
How can an online wallet be safer than paper purses or cold stores?
I tested it by creating a secure wallet on BitGo.
They provided a multisig address for deposits. 2/3 of the keys are required to withdraw bitcoins. BitGo contains a key, you get a private key and a backup key. You don't need to print a private key to withdraw bitcoins. The passphrase is sufficient (it appears that the key is derived from the passphrase).
BitGo cannot conduct Bitcoin transactions without the user's consent because they are missing the other halves of the key. This protects against some attacks. For example, the site does not have a hot wallet that could be emptied if there is a violation on the server. BitGo forces the activation of SMS two-factor authentication when logging in. This is also good to protect against loss of credentials due to theft or phishing.
BitGo is still an online site. If you save your passphrase in a password manager or web browser and your computer gets infected, you could lose your bitcoins even without your interaction. BitGo is also exposed to malware attacks that change the take-back requirements on the fly. However, "The Crazy General Problem" cannot be solved if you do not conduct verifications outside of the online world, e.g. B. manual phone calls and voice confirmation. You always need to trust the device you are using to make the withdrawals.
BitGo has a nice process and good instructions for creating a multisig wallet and they hold a third key of their own that you can access through password and SMS verification. You could create a similar setup yourself, even more securely, but BitGo might save you the hassle. BitGo is also more secure than any Bitcoin wallet service where you don't have any private keys at all.
The bottom line: Lots of marketing promises, ultimately an online site, but possibly more secure than your average Bitcoin wallet service. You have to trust BitGo. No more secure than your own cold wallet / multisig solution, if you know what you are doing.
- Can Amazon India ship items to Australia
- How much is 40 heroin
- Gives France food stamps
- What did Steve Jobs think of alcohol?
- What should I do for corporate events
- How much has Zhihu improved your Chinese
- How can we change our society?
- Why do toddlers cry so easily
- Why are tall people more desirable?
- When were two-digit phone numbers used?
- Work soundproof curtains
- Why are there lawyers
- What are some startup pitch competitions
- How do I run 400m faster
- Is the European Union distracted by Brexit?
- Like Ukrainian women, Hispanic men
- Where is steel used in construction
- What are A-Levels
- Why are children not allowed to have sex?
- What do you want from your teacher
- Are ferrets obedient
- British have a complex of superiority
- What are the best CBSE schools in Rajkot
- Does a fake US currency have any value?
- How can technology help protect biodiversity
- How do film distributors make money
- Is there a real estate bubble?
- Are wooden cooking utensils safe to use?
- How do you react correctly to confrontation
- What is Albany famous for
- Is masturbation particularly harmful to the elderly?
- What SSG command training includes
- Why does Google collect personal data
- What is the rule of law principle