What's Lumpia in the Philippines
Filipino Lumpia: Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe (Spring Roll)
A meal that most Filipinos have on the table for all occasions that you will definitely love when paired with rice and rice pancit bihon, yes!
You are sure to 100% love it. Lumpiang Shanghai is a spring roll of Chinese origin that is common in Indonesia and the Philippines.
It's a hearty snack made from thin crepe pastry skin called "Lumpia Wrapper". Lumpia has become a popular snack in Indonesia and is known in the country as a street vendor.
In the Philippines, lumpia is one of the most common dishes to be found at every gathering and celebration.
In this post we cover:
Lumpiang Shanghai preparation
The Lumpiang Shanghai recipe can be made by mixing the ingredients like ground pork, minced garlic and onions, carrots, a pinch of salt and pepper, flour (optional / used as an extender) and with egg.
Traditional Lumpia wrappers are made from rice or corn starch and egg white. You need to cook them before eating.
Lumpiang Shanghai is usually cooked in a deep fryer. Note the heat that you should fry on a medium setting so that it cooks well inside and is perfectly brownish and crispy on the outside.
You'll know you're cooking it right when you bite it, and you'll feel the juiciness of the ground beef.
Filipino Lumpia: Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe (Spring Roll)Joost Nusselder
- 1 cup Julienne carrots (approx. 2 carrot sticks)
- 1 cup Julienne sweet potatoes (approx. 1 small sweet potato)
- 1 cup Julienne Kabocha pumpkin (about ¼ part of a pumpkin)
- 1 cup Julienne potatoes (approx. 1 small potato)
- 1 cup julienne jicama (yam) (about 1 small jicama)
- 1cup chopped coriander or Chinese celery
- pinch of salt
- Pinch of organic sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1packs spring roll or lumpia wrapper (comes in 25 pieces, make sure it doesn't contain eggs)
- small bowl of water to seal the packaging
- 3 cups canola oil
- Combine all the vegetables, salt, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix well.
- Use scissors to cut the Lumpia casing in half diagonally. You should have two sets of triangles. Place a clean, damp towel on top to prevent the packaging from drying out.
- Peel off a sheet of packaging and place it on a platter with the base of the triangle at the bottom and the tip of the triangle toward the top of the platter.
- Add about a teaspoon of the vegetable filling to the bottom center of the wrapper, leaving about ¼ inch of blank space under the filling.
- Fold the left side of the sleeve towards the middle. Fold the right side towards the middle. Fold up the bottom section, then roll it up until it reaches the top tip.
- Seal the top with a little water. Stop rolling. Repeat steps until all of the lumpia are rolled up.
- Heat a small saucepan over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Test that the oil is hot enough by dropping a piece of Lumpia wrapper. If it bubbles quickly, it's done.
- Gently drop 5-8 pieces to fry. Reduce the heat to medium heat.
- Fry until all sides of the packaging are golden brown. Repeat the step to fry the rest of the lumpia. If you're only feeding a few people, fry only the amount you want and keep the rest of the wrapped lumpia in the freezer for later use.
- Place fried lumpia in a colander or on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve hot with a sweet sauce like ketchup.
The process is simple as 1,2,3 just put the package in the package and then roll and roll, use egg white or water, just wipe with your finger and spread to the edge of the package to close it very well, like that that it cannot open while you are cooking.
- May Europeans or Americans like spicy food
- What private investigators cannot do
- Why do shelters kill animals
- Why do cats lick things
- What harm does it do to drink a cold beverage?
- Does man need a god?
- How many people live to be 100
- What's in your wallet
- What does your coin collection look like
- What's in your wallet
- Where should I eat in Phuket
- How is a dog day care center
- When did Abyssinia become Ethiopia
- What is a good ROI
- What is it like to get out of prison?
- Why are mental illnesses considered permanent
- Does a C company protect income
- What's the hardest thing about high school
- Who were the best painters
- Why is currency important
- What does boomer and OK boomer mean
- How can Indians get Nepalese citizenship
- Which are the most durable smartphones
- How does inflation affect GDP?
- How important is Java Spring Framework right now
- What do Romanians think of Serbia?
- What do yellow roses symbolize
- Why did most of the Iranians leave their country
- How many minutes are there in 5 hours
- The salaries of programmers are falling
- Eating leopard bears
- Has played Harsha Bhogle cricket
- What are personal goals
- How do I understand monogamous relationships