What is corporate governance
In the institutional sense, corporate management is understood to be the unit (s) that are responsible for setting the goals that are binding for the entire company. From a functional perspective, the term refers to the activity of the units described (management). The participation in the U., in particular the participation of interest groups, is determined by the respective corporate constitution with regard to the structure of rights of disposal and the bearers of the rights of disposal. The structure of the rights of disposal can be divided into:
1. The right to make decisions about the use of resources.
The right that establishes a claim to the profit made or an obligation to accept the loss incurred.
The right that under
1. and / or
2. to sell or inherit the right described.
In German companies, depending on the applicable legal regulations (in particular with regard to co-determination), the following can be considered as bearers of rights of disposal:
The shareholders, i. H. the group of people who own the resources used in the company.
The workers, i.e. H. the group of people who make their labor available to the company on the basis of employment contracts (definition according to § 5 BetrVG: who is obliged to work in the service of another due to a contract under private law or an equivalent legal relationship).
The management, d. H. the group of people with permanent employment contracts who have specialized in managing companies with a certain degree of professionalism. If one takes the criterion of the employment contract regulation as a basis, then strictly speaking it concerns a subset of the employees. However, according to the BetrVG, members of the executive board of legal persons are also not employees from a legal point of view.
The activity of corporate management is characterized by a particular difficulty; Without the last details being able to be taken into account due to the limited capacity, the prerequisites for a course of the company's activities in the sense of the company's overall goal must nonetheless be created. This results in three central areas of responsibility, the performance of which is indispensable for the company management and cannot be delegated:
1. Personnel development and procurement. Ensuring that the company is supplied with qualified personnel in the long term is the basis of successful corporate management.
Strategic planning. The performance of this task leads to the formulation of the long-term framework for the company's activities.
Installation of efficient system structures. In this way, the company's infrastructure is created, so to speak. A distinction must be made between the planning and control system, the organizational system (organization) and the management system (management models).
1. Institutional: bank management, bank management, executive board. 2. Functional: management based on division of labor and functions, “managing” the bank with the help of management tools.
The company management is the original dispositive factor business and operations management, from which the derivative dispositive factors planning, organization and control or monitoring can be split off. The primary task of the company management is the definition of the company goals and the determination of the company policy. All decisions about company policy in the short and long term and all measures to secure company goals are real management decisions. The company management is also responsible for coordinating the large operational sub-areas. This coordination task is also a real management task. Depending on the position in the company hierarchy, a distinction is made between three management levels:
1. Top management (top management level),
2. Middle management (middle management level),
3. Lower management (lower management level),
whereby the share of dispositive decisions decreases more and more and the share of executive activity increases more and more. The top management has to make the real management decisions.
Previous technical term: business ethics | Next technical term: corporate management
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- Is CAB 2019 anti-Muslim
- How sure is MG Hector
- What is the future of gerontology
- What an escrow account pays for
- What is the cheapest 1440p 144hz monitor
- On what amount do banks charge interest
- What is Michael Jordan doing these days
- What is the origin of OK
- What is a just society
- What are dentures on implants
- How are the buses actually numbered in Singapore
- How are rich people paid
- Is AI effective in medical diagnostics?
- Can meth addicts ever be really happy?
- Why are teachers not respected in India?
- How do I submit CTS ratings
- Is India a domestic economy
- How does South Africa compare to Australia
- What is the purpose of reading books
- How do you treat bad smelling snot
- Are my classmates my competition
- Why does a baby wake up crying
- What is the difference between there and hers
- What is VFX technology