Are shopping malls still relevant
corona: Rush to shopping malls after lockdown announcement
The tough lockdown, which is imminent from next week, led to a high level of traffic in shopping centers in western Austria on Saturday. For example, Vorarlberg's largest shopping center - the Messepark in Dornbirn - was extremely well attended from the start, in Innsbruck's DEZ the morning started "lively" - a further increase was expected. The DEZ was already "full" on Friday.
As a local inspection in the fair park showed, the streams of visitors pushed their way through the aisles, the shopping trolleys in the grocery store were full. However, the visitors to the exhibition park were not aiming for special goods - keyword: toilet paper. The fact that some shops offered high discounts may also have contributed to the very high frequency.
In the morning of December at 11.00, there was "not all hell going on", but the shopping activity was described as "busy" at the request of APA. Significantly more people would come in the late morning and afternoon. Friday had already turned out to be a very busy shopping day. "People get stressed because they don't know what to expect," it said. So many would still use the opportunity to shop - some also with a view to Christmas.
Quarantine and new infections
The Lower Austrian state medical staff recorded 27,235 people in quarantine at home on Saturday. That's a decrease from the record Friday when 30,277 were registered. According to information from the office of State Health Councilor Ulrike Königsberger-Ludwig (SPÖ), 1,026 new coronavirus infections were counted within 24 hours.
In Tyrol, the number of people actively infected with the corona virus has increased by 172 people since Friday evening. According to the country's dashboard, 342 new infections were reported, but 167 recoveries were also reported. The number of infected people as of Saturday lunchtime was 7,877 people. In addition, three other deaths related to Covid-19 were reported. The number of intensive care patients grew by seven to 58 cases.
Since the outbreak of the corona pandemic, 186 people have died from or with the virus in Tyrol. On Saturday there were 339 sick people in hospital treatment, four fewer than the day before. 70 of the 281 corona patients in the normal wards were cared for in Innsbruck. (apa)
- Northern England is poorer than Southern England
- Why is flamboyance often associated with homosexuality?
- SOAS MSc Finance is a good thing
- Why is US worker productivity increasing?
- How to learn English 29
- Why is Allah the best deceiver
- Can i go to the gym
- How taxes work in Canada
- Are Facebook Ads Still Relevant
- Who is the best bass player ever
- How often should teenagers clean their rooms?
- How does your tongue indicate digestive problems
- How does the fraud with the Nigerian prince work
- How many GCSEs do I need
- How is intercultural management
- Why do relationships fail after children arrive
- What did Australia give to the British Empire
- What is it like to be Irish?
- How convinced Donald Trump
- What is the advantage of the interior decoration
- Why is CFA US better than CA
- What is tokenization cryptocurrency
- What does AM on time mean
- Which GTA Online job pays off the most