How important are meta tags in search engine optimization
Meta tags - that's why optimization is worthwhile
THE PAGE TITLE: SHORT, FLUSH AND ANIMATING
The page title appears in the result list in blue font and clickable. It can be seen in the open window of your browser. The author is responsible for the title 60 characters to disposal. Use these words to summarize the most important key terms of your page content together. The motto is: keep it short!
Put your keywords in a textual frame so that the headline is useful and appealing not only for search engines, but above all for users. The title tag should immediately convey to the user that the desired page content is behind it.
Don't neglect punctuation when writing the page title. The look is decisive in the click decision. Which offer do you spontaneously decide on?
- Rome: Popular Excursions, Tours & Exciting Activities
- Rome excursions, Rome tours, Rome activities
The Position of the primary keyword in the title plays an important role. Particularly the first positions in the title are given high weighting.
Avoid these five mistakes with the page title:
- too long
- poorly chosen or missing punctuation
- Keyword stuffing
- primary keywords at the end of the title
- uninteresting text
THE META DESCRIPTION: SPECIFIC AND DESCRIPTIVE
Google shows around 156 characters from the meta description in the results list. Do you use more characters? Then Google will cut off your text.
When creating the meta description, please ensure that you use the search terms from the title and description in the text of your actual document. This is how Google creates the connection between meta description and page content. The search engine then decides to adopt your description. Otherwise it switches to random text snippets.
Nowadays, meta keywords have no influence on the results in the ranking of search engines. You will not gain any advantage in ranking if you fill in the meta keywords.
COMMON ERRORS WHILE CREATING TITLE AND DESCRIPTION
Do not write the title and description too long. A high number of words reduces the weighting of the individual terms.
Do not engage in "keyword stuffing". Don't overload your title and description with too many keywords. This is more likely to put your page under suspicion of spam. With a spam rating, websites are penalized by Google. The search engines no longer display the website at the front of the search results or remove it completely from the search result lists.
Meta tags are as unique as the content on your page itself. Write an individually created description and a specific title for each individual page.
OTHER META TAGS AND THEIR FUNCTION
The meta tags not only include title and description, the two are just the best known. Other meta tags include:
- „robots", Which controls the indexing behavior, i.e. which pages are actually displayed by the search engine in the results,
- „keyword", In which the keyword of the page is given, but is not used by Google as a ranking factor,
- „language", Which determines the language used in a document,
- „content-type", Which defines the file type of the page content,
- „viewport“Which indicates the site is suitable for mobile devices.
The list is long, but not all tags are relevant for SEO. Of the above, the most crucial is that Robots day. This gives a signal to Google whether pages indexed or not, whether or not they show up in search results. The second part of the robots tag is a statement about the Links on the page and whether the Crawler should or should not track them.
The basic setting is usually index, follow, so that the page should be indexed and the links on it should be followed. The alternatives are the clues noindex, so that the page should not be indexed, and nofollow, so that links should not be followed by the crawler.
There are these combinations:
- index, follow
- noindex, nofollow
- noindex, follow
- index, nofollow
There are many reasons why you might want to keep pages out of the index. Some currently offer the user no added value, such as page 10 of a category in an online shop. Conversely, it can have serious consequences if pages that are supposed to be in the index are accidentally marked with noindex and suddenly no longer generate any users. So you should always keep an eye on them Index control have and checkthat this is played out as planned.
The meta tags are a Notice to Googlehow to proceed with the page and the information contained in the tags. However, that does not mean that Google will orient itself towards it in every case. So if what is stated in the meta tags is not played out, this is not necessarily an error, but rather a signal that the search engine assesses the content differently than the metas reflect it. In this case, you should check the meta tags and see where there is potential for optimization.
MOVE USERS TO CLICK WITH OPTIMIZED META TAGS
Do you want to get the search engine user to click? Then optimize your meta content.
Try to get your readers interested. Encourage users to visit your website.
Do you have a website and want professional help in optimizing it for the search engines?
We are happy to support you in the process and offer you comprehensive SEO advice!
- Why does my feeling for someone change
- Is life just a struggle
- Why were people on earth inevitable
- Provides TCS food
- What are high moral standards
- What is modern society
- How has quantum theory affected chemistry?
- Who makes tax revenue laws
- Who is the owner of ICICI Bank
- What can I export from the UK
- Is it cool to be an introvert right now?
- Can you pray Zuhr before Jummah
- What's the first book you wrote
- What causes a housing bubble 1
- Which makes most foreigners curious about China
- How do prosecutors and defendants differ?
- Why does my piss smell metallic
- Can i go to the gym
- Can your employer keep credit card tips
- How did Rudradev Basak learn to program
- How do I integrate JIRA into Salesforce
- What is the most underrated drink
- Do girls' nipples get tight during sex
- Why do companies and individuals pay taxes