Why do bare feet look good?
To run barefootLiberated your Feet!
There are more - and they cannot be stopped: bare feet. That's a good thing, because going barefoot is healthy, say sports medicine professionals. For children and adults.
In a comparative study in Germany and South Africa, researchers examined and measured the feet of a total of 1,015 children and adolescents between the ages of six and 18 in both countries.
Result: Shoe children are more prone to flat feet.
- For many of the South African students, regardless of social status, it is normal to walk barefoot
- They were also able to jump three centimeters from standing
- They made fewer mistakes when balancing on a thin beam
Walking barefoot is good for adults too
You don't actually need slippers in the apartment, says orthopedist Christoph Lukas from Bietigheim-Bissingen. Because walking barefoot strengthens the muscles. However, most of us are no longer used to walking barefoot - so we first have to build up the muscles again. Not every surface is recommended for this, says Christoph Lukas.
"Long stretches on asphalt overwhelm the foot muscles, especially if you haven't been trained."
The researchers in the children's foot study advise, for example, to simply take off your shoes in the garden or in the sand of the playground.
Quite a few people find going barefoot rather uncomfortable because it hurts them and they prick themselves. But you get used to it, says Christoph Lukas.
"Pebbles, roots or small bumps - that is a question of the cornea that forms with the load."
The cornea protects - the only question is how aesthetic you find it. In addition to the cornea, it also plays a role whether you are a heel runner or a metatarsal or forefoot runner.
- In the case of metatarsal or forefoot runners, the impact is cushioned more gently
- Heel runners have a harder time: There is only a small fat pad on the heel and then directly on the bones - muscles that can cushion are missing
Barefoot shoes take practice
To feel like walking or jogging barefoot is the self-proclaimed job of so-called barefoot shoes. The main feature is its thin and flexible sole without a footbed. Christoph Lukas likes to wear them himself, even when working.
"Barefoot shoes are not something you should start with from zero to 100. You have to get used to them slowly, otherwise there will be overload reactions."
More on the subject:
- What screams I'm a fish
- When is something worse than nothing?
- Can i put lotion in my nose
- God punishes poisonous parents
- What are the best methods of pedagogy
- Which portable speakers should I buy
- Why don't people help each other
- How does freelancing differ from a startup?
- All cancers are invasive
- What are some examples of linear movements
- What do starfish like to eat?
- Why we hate HR
- What does this error code 0x8024402C mean
- Why does jazz music die
- What's your typical high school experience
- How does the free lunch at school work
- Is the Tokyo Piglet Cafe worth a visit
- What gives us life and death
- What are some common names
- How is China's economy
- Has your teen bought their own car?
- Which sponsored film was the best
- How do I sell an antique painting
- What fears Muhammad
- Is Nivea lip balm good for the lips
- Muscle building makes you slower
- Why do Australian cricketers shout Garry
- What are fatal mistakes in fantasy writing
- What are China's popular brands
- How was your childhood
- How can I work for IBM
- What was your experience in Beijing
- What are some examples of carbohydrate foods
- What should I do in Cartagena Colombia