Are you a control freak
Are you a control freak? Trust your team
Ms. Mustermann has built a successful IT company with 12 employees within 10 years. Nevertheless, she is dissatisfied with her team:
“You're just doing the job. They don't care about the company. Neither with pressure nor with incentives can I get any further. I also keep losing good people to the competition. "
When you talk to your employees, one of the best programmers says, as an example for many colleagues: “He's always looking over my shoulder and talking to me. He doesn't trust me to do that Solve tasks independently and in the interests of the customer can. I can hardly realize my own ideas because the boss always knows everything better. That's not fun. I'm pretty fit in my job, I know that for sure. But if the boss doesn't trust me, I don't want to work for him any longer. "
Is that why successful entrepreneurs are often control freaks?
- Because he or she built the company himself.
- Because they put all their energy and capital into it.
- Because he or she bears the full risk.
- Because your whole heart is attached to it.
- Because he or she is used to making decisions on his own.
But the more successful they are, the faster the company grows, the more they rely on the labor and support of others. Anyone who is good in their area of expertise is by no means a good manager. Those who are used to taking everything into their own hands often have problems letting go.
Many entrepreneurs have a lot of control effort because they believe that this is the only way to keep the reins in hand. They do not consider that the modern worker strives for self-realization. They don't realize that they themselves are the trigger for the lack of employee motivation are. It is not that difficult to turn things around and improve your own leadership behavior.
4 steps to change leadership behavior
- Yourself the own behavior and their effect on others make aware. The wow factor is often so great that a change can be made very quickly afterwards.
- Effective oneself Acquire leadership skillshow to lead effectively with less control. Regular employee appraisals with clear targets are the basis for this. The fine art of delegating tasks depending on the situation requires practice, but is of great benefit in the long term.
- These Use techniques consistently and observe the effects through a trained self-awareness. Some people need a coach to support them in this phase.
- Pay close attention to yourself and the reactions of your team! Be patient and look forward to partial successes! Leadership is a complex task that you will never stop learning from.
As a rule, it is in the motivation and thus also in the performance of the employees watch huge jumpsas soon as they notice that they are being trusted. Ms. Mustermann tried it out and was amazed: “You are much better than I ever thought possible. I notice that they are more behind me now. "Of course, it doesn't work without control:
Every manager has to find the golden mean between letting go and control for himself.
You don't want to miss anything anymore?
- Are crowdfunding sites profitable
- Why are the rich children more popular
- Why is North Carolina so racist
- Which JBL bluetooth speakers are the best
- Life is sweetest when it is lived without expectations
- The brain is mentioned in the Bible
- Which neutralizes the smell of chlorine
- Will waste India's economy
- How do working women manage the house
- How many Americans live in single family homes
- What problems are there that need solutions, why
- Why do Poles complain so much
- In which cultures was incest common?
- Do people love to learn Chinese?
- How do I deal with performance stress
- What is the most romantic restaurant in Cairo
- Who has debts that are not paid?
- How many gsu does Google offer
- What is lift curve
- Hate ugly girls, pretty girls
- Like the life of a CPA
- What is the cheapest food in Sweden
- How are philosophers beneficial to society?
- Divorce attorneys can handle their own divorces
- Are graphic design jobs in demand 1
- What is the best way to save money
- Technical skills are overrated
- How and why was the technology invented
- Who hosted the World Cup in 2002
- Beijing was renamed Beijing
- What should tourists avoid in China
- What did Australia do in World War II
- India still reads books