How safe is Delhi for tourists
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Since June 8th, 2020, location-dependent easing has been taking place outside of the containment zones.
Inquire with the local Indian authorities about the applicable regulations and keep up to date with the local media. As things stand, the ban on commercial international air traffic continues to apply.
The following information on the current status for German tourists / short-term travelers still remaining in India is available on this website:
Current information on any upcoming repatriation flights
The federal government's return program has ended. Here we inform you without obligation about any planned repatriation flights of European governments from India to Europe.
According to current information, plans LUFTHANSA further regular return flights, sometimes several times a week from
Delhi to Frankfurt
Mumbai to Frankfurt
Bangalore to Frankfurt
These flights should be bookable directly on the Lufthansa website, subject to available capacities.
Also Air France should plan further regular return flights several times a week on the following route according to the current status:
Delhi to Paris
Mumbai to Paris and
Bangalore to Paris.
These flights should be bookable directly on the Air France website, subject to availability.
Also KLM should plan further regular return flights several times a week on the following route according to the current status:
Delhi to Amsterdam.
These flights should also be bookable directly via the KLM website, subject to available capacities.
Please inquire directly with the respective airlines about the current status of approval, availability and travel conditions.
We ask for your understanding that the German embassy cannot answer any questions about these offers.
Further information on entry / quarantine in India can be found below.
The Indian government has partially resumed national air traffic since May 25, 2020. This could be another option for traveling to one of the airports from which repatriation flights depart.
Nevertheless, it should be noted: appropriate measures to contain the pandemic such as mask compulsory, fever measurements, distance rules apply. In addition, inquire in good time with the respective airline about the exact details of the procedure as well as any quarantine measures or other applicable provisions of individual Indian states or Union territories.
Current information can be found on the websites of Delhi Airport or the Ministry of Civil Aviation, for example.
General information on entry and quarantine after arrival in Germany:
Since Tuesday, March 30th, 2021, a negative Covid-19 test has been required when arriving by plane. The test must be proven to the airline before boarding and must not be older than 48 hours at the time of the planned arrival in Germany. Children under 6 years of age are excluded.
All travelers from Covid 19 risk countries such as India must register at www.einreiseanmeldung.de before entering Germany. A 14-day quarantine at home is mandatory. Violation of registration and quarantine requirements can result in a fine of up to € 25,000.
Since the regulation on the quarantine obligation is issued by the federal states under their own responsibility, please inquire on the website of the federal state into which you are entering or where you are domiciled or where you will be accommodated to find out how the quarantine regulation looks there. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions about the quarantine regulations, it is best to contact the health department at your intended location directly.
Travelers can find details of the requirements for the test on the website of the. The test result must be kept for at least ten days after entry.
There are basically no exceptions to the test requirement for entry from virus variant areas. This also applies to transit travelers.
Information for German citizens
In order to be kept up-to-date by us directly about the situation, German citizens have the option - if they have not already done so - to register in our crisis prevention list at www.diplo.de/elefand.
Information for Indian nationals
Due to the classification of India as a virus variant area, which has been in effect since April 26, 2021, entry into Germany is only possible in very limited exceptional cases.
Entry into Germany is therefore no longer possible for people who have been in India in the last 10 days.
According to Section 1 (2) CoronaSchV, there are only the following - narrow - exceptions to the general transport ban:
1. German citizens and their family members (spouse and children)
2. the transport of persons with a place of residence and right of residence / residence permit (not: visa!) In the Federal Republic of Germany;
3. pure mail, freight or empty shipments;
4. the repatriation of aircraft, ships and crews;
5. Transport with personnel in the interest of public health
6. Ambulance flights and flights for the transport of transplant organs as well as necessary accompanying personnel;
7. Carriage for urgent humanitarian reasons (e.g. for medical treatment);
8. Carriage on behalf of EURATOM Security Monitoring, the International Atomic Energy Agency and the United Nations and its organizations
9. Promotions of members of a foreign diplomatic mission or a consular mission in Germany whose appointment and arrival have been notified to the Foreign Office.
10. International transit: The exception only includes transit without leaving the transit area of the airport.
People who only change in a transit area of a commercial airport in Germany (without entering Germany). Air passengers in transit who land at a German airport and want to take a connecting flight within the Schengen area are not covered by this exception.
- Which caste is lower ST or SC
- How much is 100 per hour per year
- When did couples start sharing a bed?
- What are your unforgettable memories with someone
- How good are Russian helicopters
- What are the best suburbs of Portland OR
- How do I integrate JIRA into Salesforce
- Why is Fedex Smartpost slow
- Australia has Christmas
- Which is the healthiest type of cheese
- How can I form a set of questions
- What makes dogs cry
- What is stopping you from quitting work
- Do beauty products actually work?
- Which sector is better private or public
- Why are phones important
- What are types
- What do you prefer to start or finish
- Which country is the most unhappy?
- Is there hope for humanity
- Have you ever hit your teacher
- How can a writer make money online
- What are the actual mechanisms of kissing
- What are some condiments for tacos
- What is a trust deposit
- What is the name of human flesh
- How taxes work in Canada
- Will Donald Trump take action against Indian Americans
- Which is the most terrible phobia
- What are some famous British foods
- What tough cards life gave you
- How does the Google Maps process work
- Men should climb stairs before women
- What are the environmental impacts of deforestation