Why is H2O called hydrogen dioxide
Water - what is it?
You drink water, you wash in water, and you can swim in the water. Water is important for all living things.
Water doesn't taste good. It doesn't smell and it's see-through. But what exactly is water?
Water is a substance. All substances consist of the smallest particles.
These particles are called atoms. You can't see atoms because they're very, very small.
Water is also made up of atoms.
Water is made up of two different atoms: the hydrogen atom and the oxygen atom.
So water is a molecule. Because molecules always consist of two or more atoms.
The chemical formula for water is called H2O. The water molecule has two hydrogen atoms (H) and one oxygen atom (O).
That is why the formula for water is called H2O.
By the way:
How big is an atom in terms of numbers?
An atom is 0.1 nanometers in diameter. That is 0.0000000001 meters.
You can see atoms if you have a very special microscope. For example the scanning tunneling microscope.
The German physicist Gerd Binnig invented the microscope. For this he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1986.
This is a model of the water molecule.
It consists of one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms.
The hydrogen atoms are slightly positively charged. The oxygen atom is slightly negatively charged.
The atoms attract each other like a magnet.
Do you know that?
Click the correct answer.
- Which person has achieved the most in history?
- Is architect synonymous with engineer
- What does Maal
- Is it worth buying the Canon 80D now
- Came Hainans from Teochew or Hokkien
- What causes white discharge when peeing
- What is the difference between his and his
- What's your fitness mantra
- What does God say about false prophets
- Who hates pani puri
- Why is dignity important
- Why do people like a fragrance
- Who were the best painters
- What is the salary of an emergency doctor
- Why should I never visit Norway
- What kind of accent do Americans have
- How can I make myself cry?
- How do I sell an antique painting
- Does the GST apply to indirect income
- The most dangerous country in the world
- Are there Indonesian corpora available online
- Why are corrupt people so powerful
- Why did Noah split the Red Sea
- How do I train overnight