Who is Starbucks' competitor
"Costa Coffee": Starbucks' biggest competitor wants to expand into Switzerland
The “Costa Coffee” coffee chain is due to come to Switzerland this year. Ten to 15 coffee houses are planned in Swiss cities. The local retail trade could soon offer products from the Starbucks competitor.
The coffee chain "Costa Coffee" is to come to Switzerland.
There could be branches in Zurich, Basel, Bern, Lucerne, St. Gallen and Geneva.
Cooperation with Swiss hoteliers and restaurateurs is also being considered.
"Coca-Cola HBC Switzerland" wants to bring the "Costa Coffee" coffee chain to Switzerland this year, as the "Zuger Zeitung" writes in a print article. Coca-Cola acquired Costa Coffee in 2019 for $ 5.1 billion. In the next three to five years the plan is to open ten to 15 coffee houses and shop-in-shop concepts in this country, the newspaper quotes HBC manager Lorenz Haschemi, who is responsible for the expansion. According to the article, the catering industry in Switzerland generates around two billion francs in coffee.
The start of Costa Coffee in Switzerland was actually planned last year. But that didn't work because of the corona pandemic.
"We are not restaurateurs"
Locations such as Zurich, Basel, Bern, Lucerne, St. Gallen and Geneva could be considered. Coca-Cola HBC wants to operate the branches as franchises, says Haschemi. "We are not restaurateurs." According to him, one in four Swiss people knows Costa Coffee. The company is number two in the market after Starbucks.
Coca-Cola HBC fills Coca Cola in bottles. According to the Zuger Zeitung, the company plans to install the Costa coffee machines developed by Thermoplan in Weggis LU in offices and semi-public spaces this year. In addition, the brand's beans, capsules and drinks will soon be available in Swiss retailers. A collaboration with hoteliers and restaurateurs is also being considered, says Haschemi.
- Who should submit an MSME Form 1?
- Why does your cat lick everything all the time
- What does R17 mean on a tire
- Castrates animals for the sake of convenience
- Dogs can dream of their owners
- Why don't the Americans speak French properly?
- How are the salaries in Romania
- What are hotel management services
- What do farmers often do
- What is a Good Carpet Cleaner to Hire
- How do I identify stone artifacts
- Is Donald Trump married
- How powerful is the Wii U.
- Which sentence explains Bernie Sanders
- What is it like to be Irish?
- Which African country has more construction projects?
- What do Pakistanis think of Nepal Nepalese
- Who are poisonous parents
- Why should children go to kindergarten
- When do you need chiropractic care
- How are Americans perceived abroad
- Make engineers good project managers
- Why can agricultural companies patent seeds?
- Left handed and fronts available