What do teachers expect from parents
sofatutor magazine parents
Teachers have a great responsibility: Not only is the education of children and young people in their hands. They also often have to take on educational tasks. But what is really a teacher's job?
This is what teachers should do
The tasks that a teacher has to do in his or her everyday working life are laid down in the School Act or in the General Service Ordinance for Teachers of the respective federal state (e.g. North Rhine-Westphalia). As a parent, you can expect a teacher to:
- The profession of teacher includes educating, teaching, assessing and advising students on their own responsibility. They enjoy pedagogical freedom.
- The teacher is obliged to carefully plan, prepare and follow up on the lesson. In doing so, it must be based on the guidelines of the school and the curricula of the federal states.
- Teachers should support their students comprehensively during the lesson. This also includes, in particular, educating them to be independent.
- In class, they should take into account the learning requirements, learning difficulties, special abilities, inclinations and interests as well as the personal life situation of the students.
- In addition, it is their job to inform and advise schoolchildren and their legal guardians.
- Teachers should monitor the participation of the students in the classroom. They supervise them and correct their work.
- They also have to make sure that the students do their homework.
- They are obliged to grade their students, to prepare certificates and to keep evidence of teaching in class books or course booklets.
- In addition to preparing and conducting exams and conferences, they are also responsible for organizing school events outside of class (e.g. class trips, school trips).
- Class teachers are also responsible for ensuring that the amount of homework in their class is appropriate and that the writing of the class work is evenly distributed.
- He or she also informs and advises his or her class on all school matters, e. B. Questions about school career.
What teachers don't have to do
Anything that goes beyond the points listed above is actually not the teacher's job. Parents are in demand here. Because teachers are also responsible for teaching people to be self-sufficient. For this, however, parents have to create the basis and support the school. According to the Basic Law, it is the right and the duty of parents to raise their children. So while the teacher is responsible for learning in the classroom, the parents are responsible for the social behavior of their children. This also includes punctuality, reliability and order. Parents must also ensure that their children have breakfast or lunch and that they are provided with all the necessary learning materials. Parents thus create the best conditions for learning.
These articles might also interest you:
Cover picture: © wavebreakmedia / shutterstock.com
What to do now ...
- Motivation in learning is the key to your child's learning success. Get the Motivation tips from teacher Giulianoin this video.
- Go on Journey of discovery and take a look at what sofatutor has to offer for you and your child.
- To convince Yourself and test sofatutor 30 days long free.
More related articles
sofatutor: Prizes and awards for Germany's most extensive learning platform
Those who learn while having fun learn successfully. According to this motto, the online learning platform sofatutor has been supporting schoolchildren in their learning goals since 2009 and has already received a number of prizes for this. Every child is different - and every child learns differently. While some acquire new school material primarily with the help of vivid stories, other pupils achieve [...]
sofatutor costs: With this money you invest in better grades
With the online learning platform sofatutor, your child learns with motivation and success - and you save money and time and spare your nerves. Tuition is expensive. According to a study by the Bertelsmann Foundation, parents in Germany spend around EUR 87 on tutoring every month. Most often, students need [...]
This is how crisis-proof tuition at the Studienkreis works
With 125,000 pupils sponsored annually, the study group is one of the largest tutoring providers in Europe. For us, too, the Corona crisis is a huge challenge that has set a lot in motion in a short period of time. Read how the study group helps its students to keep up with the school and how it works for families [...]
sofatutor experiences: That's why the learning platform is worthwhile
With the online learning platform sofatutor, schoolchildren from year one to high school can repeat or deepen school material independently and at their own pace. 82 percent of the students have had positive experiences with sofatutor and have improved their grades. What does sofatutor offer? All content at a glance The online learning platform offers content for all school subjects [...]
Canceling sofatutor: 10 reasons why you should keep your subscription
Your child has already learned with sofatutor's videos and interactive exercises. Are you still thinking about canceling your sofatutor subscription? With these ten tips, you not only save valuable time and money, but also verifiably support your child in learning successfully. What is sofatutor? With the award-winning, digital learning platform sofatutor, schoolchildren of all [...]
12 relaxation exercises for children - from A for breathing technique to Y for yoga video
The schools are closed and your child has to struggle through the subject matter alone. That creates stress! With our exercises and the four free instruction videos, your child will find peace before, during or after learning. What do you want to know? Why is relaxation important for children? How do I know if my child needs relaxation? What […]
Homeschooling and Corona: This is how learning works at home
School dropout or quarantine: If children cannot go to school, lessons must be continued at home. Read here how successful homeschooling works in times of Corona and how you can motivate your child to learn. What does homeschooling mean - and why we currently have no homeschooling at all Since the first lockdown in March, everyone has known [...]
Corporate benefit: More time for the beautiful things of everyday life - thanks to sofatutor
Independent learning at home has never been so important. So that working parents can easily combine homeschooling and home office, many employers decide to make sofatutor available to their employees. How is sofatutor suitable for learning at home? This is what parents say about learning with sofatutor Good reasons: Why parents love sofatutor sofatutor [...]
Montessori schools - "Aren't they just dreaming?"
Individual learning at your own pace - this is what more and more parents want for their children. That is why Montessori schools are all the rage. Here you can find out everything you need to know about the alternative form of school. What would you like to know about Montessori pedagogy? Montessori pedagogy: the most important points in brief How did Montessori pedagogy come about? On which philosophy is the [...]
- What is online employee management software
- Who was the audience of the gospel of Luke
- How often should employee increases take place
- There is no middle name in Chinese
- Should Gymshark leggings be tight
- Why does Trump hate illegal immigrants
- How dangerous is Huawei
- Do large companies hire professional murderers
- What if I lied to my teacher
- Auckland is safe at night
- Why are most girls in relationships
- Like boys, sweet girls
- How does Walmart make the maximum profit
- What does the UK think of the US?
- How bad are fried eggs
- I am an accountant. Will AI replace me
- Why do people get shorter with age
- Lovingly feels a part of love
- Why do people think dolphins are cute?
- How do university teachers teach
- What happens when you swallow ice cream
- Why is power so important to people
- Are Africans against white South Africans
- What is your favorite place at home
- What causes trunk beetles to form in cornmeal
- Which products are best for the elderly
- Speedway accepts Apple Pay
- What is a related literature
- Is it boring without having kids?
- In which technologies do construction companies invest
- Can we really overcome phobias?
- What is the slowest military aircraft
- What are the best supermarkets in Colombia
- What is a bond 2