What are enemas
Synonyms: enema, enema, enema, intestinal enema
English: enema, clyster
Greek: "Klysteer" ("the dishwasher") and "Klysterion" ("cleaning")
A enema is the introduction of a liquid, usually water, through the anus into the intestine.
Enemas are used for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons:
2.1 Diagnostic enemas
2.2 Therapeutic enemas
Enemas are also used for non-medical reasons, e.g. as part of certain sexual practices (clinical eroticism, anal intercourse)
3 amount of liquid
Fluid quantities vary depending on the age and constitution of the patient:
- Infant: 50 - 80 ml
- Toddler: 300 - 500 ml
- Schoolchildren: 500 - 1,000 ml
- Adolescents: 1,000 - 1,700 ml
- Adults: 1,700 - 2,500 ml
Microenemas contain only about 5 ml of fluid and are used to administer medication.
In principle, only isotonic rinsing solutions should be used, as larger rinsing quantities can otherwise lead to life-threatening electrolyte shifts. Different additives are used in enemas, depending on the requirements for emptying the bowels:
In addition to the classic enema, there are other special forms of enemas, e.g .:
Depending on the type of inlet, different devices are used:
There are different requirements why an enema is necessary and can be performed. In the following cases, however, an enema is contraindicated or may only be performed under the express instruction of the doctor:
Particular caution is required with:
- Came Hainans from Teochew or Hokkien
- Buddha was a wise person
- What mental disorders did Tesla have
- Why do Syrians have blond hair
- Why do haters hate
- Why is the minimum wage not the same everywhere?
- Will the real estate market in Mumbai collapse?
- How can CNN make money
- Which areas in Manhattan are unsafe
- Which Chinese university has a good dormitory
- What problems are there only for wealthy people
- Are MGTOW afraid of women
- House building in Bangalore blogs
- How do Panamanians see tattoos
- How effective are drug rehabilitation clinics
- In which countries are hard drugs legal?
- What role does the CCTV operator play
- Does therapy make sense?
- Is Singapore too sterile
- Which leads to girls being emotionally immature
- How to make tuna burgers
- Where can I find Japanese snacks online
- Amlodipine is a blood thinner
- How much should I charge for the consultation