Can someone use Costco Food Court
The Healthiest Food on the Costco Food Court, According to Four Registered Dietitians
Costco's Food Court is a magical place. The department store is known for mega-deals in bulk groceries - and the same goes for large grocery dishes. For just $ 1.35, card-carrying members can consume a 16-ounce cup of Costco's Kirkland Signature Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Fat Yogurt.
Food court customers can also purchase a large slice of pizza for $ 1.99, 1/4 pound Polish sausage and 20-ounce soda for $ 1.50, or a giant twisted cinnamon sugar churro for $ 1. (As if you need further proof that Costco's offers can't be beat.)
Aside from being unaffordable, all of these things have one thing in common: They are not the healthiest choices. So we asked four registered dietitians to recommend the best on the Costco Food Court. Unsurprisingly, all four experts we surveyed had the same answer: Chicken Caesar Salad ($ 3.99) with just a little bit of dressing.
Here's what everyone had to say.
Marisa Moore, nutritionist
“Knowing how long people are in Costco, the food court can easily grab your attention after a long day of shopping - or even a stroll around the huge store. The special thing is that Chicken Caesar Salad . This is your best chance to get some lean protein and some veggies. Definitely order it with the bandage on the side. If [the bandage] is in a large package, start with only a quarter of the package. You can always add more if needed, but less is just enough. I don't want to forget not to mention this: Costco sells a ton of healthy groceries all over the store. You can always buy fruit, nuts, or yogurt to surprise you until you get home or choose your next healthy meal. "
LeeAnn Weintraub, a registered nutritionist and the blogger behind Half a Cup
“Unfortunately, Costco's Food Court doesn't have the best options. All hearty dishes are very rich in sodium. Probably the best choice is that Chicken Caesar Salad to order while the dressing is being made light (use less than half). "
Kara Lydon, a registered nutritionist and the voice behind The Foodie Dietitian
“I always encourage people to listen to their bodies to find out which foods they are in the right mood for. So if your looking at the pizza be sure to give it a try! However, if you want to go for a meal that offers the greatest balance and variety, I would go for the Decide on the Chicken Caesar Salad . You will get all three macronutrients - carbohydrates, protein, and fat - and you will feel satisfied, full, and energetic afterwards. "
Brigitte Zeitlin, Registered Dietitian and Founder of BZ Nutrition NY
“That would be a good option Chicken Caesar Salad . It gives you vitamins, minerals, and fiber from the vegetables - plus some protein to keep you awake and energetic. Ask about the dressing on the side, using only a tablespoon or two of the dressing (to prevent the salad from turning into a low-calorie sugar bomb). If there is an option to choose just oil and vinegar instead, use that option. "
Did you have the Chicken Caesar Salad? What did you think about it Discuss in the comments below!
- Does ClearSlide have any competitors
- Earthquake create mountains
- Why are younger people more open-minded
- What can cause depression
- What are the advantages of building bridges
- When did Vladivostok become usable all year round?
- How does Boaz meet Ruth
- How can I take things less seriously?
- Can rehab turn you away
- Can I settle in Germany after MS?
- Qatar is a very conservative country
- Our brains are designed to create happiness
- How can I become a multimillionaire
- Raising girls against boys
- How do I get a brilliant mind
- What are your favorite things to do after work?
- Create jobs for companies
- What is it like to get out of prison?
- There are notable Filipino American entrepreneurs
- What do indigenous people eat
- How much do immigration consultants charge
- Which cell phone is not made in China
- Why is the Venezuelan military supporting Maduro
- How do you protect yourself from harassment?