Why should you choose paving stones?
Laying paving stones - individual design
The structure of the subsoil:
A well-prepared and stable substructure is the most important prerequisite for any paving work. Basically, this is done in the following steps:
- After you have determined the dimensions of the area Unsound soil such as topsoil or clay removeduntil firm ground is reached. The excavation should be 25 cm. To help you, set yourself a guideline that you can use as a guide
- The subsurface for the paving stones is compacted with a plate vibrator, then fill the "lower base layer" with 20 cm of high-grade gravel or rubble stone. The suitable grain size here is 2-60 mm. Drag this Remove the layer with a leveling strip - this will prevent unevenness
Before you apply the last layer, you now have to set the curbs for a border and knock them down with a rubber mallet. When laying, the border serves to ensure that a lateral evasion of the stones is prevented. In order to fill any gaps that may have arisen, you can easily cut the stones to size with a stone cracker.
Now comes the upper base course. Here we recommend one Drainage concrete, because this promises good water drainage and is also very stable. Water the area before and after vibrating so that the concrete can harden well. Wait a day for the pavement bedding to be distributed and the stones to be laid.
Before you start laying, you need to apply a bed of gravel approx. 5 cm. The recommended grain size is 4-10 mm.
Now all preparations have been completed and the paving can be done diligently.
What should you watch out for when laying paving stones?
Think about the laying pattern when you buy the stones. There are many different forms of how you can lay paving stones.
Always take the stones from different pallets so you can combine colors, sizes and shapes. The last step is to sprinkle joint sand on the freshly paved area and shake it off. Then there is another layer of jointing sand, which is now spread with a broom. This allows the sand to penetrate the joints better. If the joints are not completely sealed, you can repeat this process after one to two weeks. If you have any further questions about laying paving stones, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Has a song ever been completely wiped off
- Where can I find an online job
- Which is better Breaking Bad or Viking
- Legal requirements for getting married with us
- What do boys want girls 5 to know
- Why shouldn't a man get married?
- What does focaccia bread look like
- Should rich nations help the poor
- Why is the HR department mostly full of women
- Extreme sports are becoming increasingly popular
- What makes a successful character and personality
- What screams I'm a tech freak
- Which audit is better for articles
- How do NGOs make money
- What's the saddest thing about growing up
- Why should I go to Taiwan
- Are there slums in Switzerland?
- Is it illegal to leave school early?
- What is your darkest fantasy
- Are fish oil capsules good for health
- Which gang uses the color green
- How did artists land their first exhibition
- Is polygamy common in Islam
- What made the Chinese language