How are Turkish men
Turkish Men in Germany: Family and Identity; First generation migrants tell their story
The media often represent the older Turkish migrant as a traditionalist "Islamic macho" who slows down or actively hinders the integration of his wife and daughters into the host society. This widespread stereotype is largely based on "second-hand images". In the lower ... more
The media often represent the older Turkish migrant as a traditionalist "Islamic macho" who slows down or actively hinders the integration of his wife and daughters into the host society. This widespread stereotype is largely based on "second-hand images". In contrast, Margret Spohn's publication places the Turkish men of the first generation of migrants explicitly at the center of the analyzes, where they, as "experts in their own history", have their say in detail. The fine mesh of the life stories told and sensitively interpreted here provides space for the respondents to reflect on their relationship with their own parents, their wife, their children and their life in "two homes". The work thus provides a key to a better understanding of the men of this generation of migrants who almost half a century ago took the risk of building a future for themselves and their families in a foreign country .... less
Federal Republic of Germany; first generation; Migrant; Gender role; Turkey; Stereotype; External image; Family; Identity; Man; Immigration; Men's research; masculinity
Women and gender studies
Gender studies; Historical image of the Turk; Interculturalism; Interculturality
Year of publication
transcript publishing house
Place of publication
Series of publications
Culture and social practice
Release version; appraised
Creative Commons - Attribution, Noncommercial, NoDerivs 3.0
- What do you admire about the Irish
- Why are theological seminars associated with universities
- What do Canadians have for breakfast?
- Which countries offer national health services?
- Why has F 117 Nighthawk been retired
- Are your parents or grandparents superstitious?
- Should Catholics boycott Chinese products
- Should India take care of its GDP growth
- How is Angela Merkel personally
- Sciatica can cause abdominal pain
- Why many people hate iPhone over Android
- What screams i'm an immigrant
- Why is my life getting so complicated
- What problems is China's economy facing?
- What are the benefits of Canadian PR
- How should I behave with my toddler
- Are Asians okay with interracial marriages?
- China is a nice place to visit
- Why should you choose a consultation?
- Why were past generations smarter than us
- What is Healthcare CRM
- Long distance relationships should be open
- What are some common Chinese fruits
- How strongly do you recommend Christ University
- Why are actuaries paid well
- What are the minimum wages in Cyprus
- Which college major should I go to?
- Will work in colder countries increase productivity?
- What is Ndebeles traditional food
- What are the targets of terrorist organizations
- Arab men are attracted to Indian women
- How can we be successful online
- How is Bradley Cooper personally